Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Milllenium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt

cardsfan
By cardsfan,
in

This is my 1st time at this. I've been bidding for about 5 days. Still no luck.

Bid on Milliniumum Park and N. Mich. Ave 4* - have worked up to $125 with no luck.

date July 10 & 11.

Also, bid on N. Mich. Ave 3*, 3 1/2 *, and 4*- up to $95.

Any reason of low availability? I know the Cubs/Cardinals are in town that weekend.

I have been using the PRICELINE link thru your website.

I checked your Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and I'm bidding above some other wins for those dates.

THANKS for all advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Found this conference during your stay:

American Library Association 2009 Annual Conference 7/9/2009 - 7/15/2009

25000 Attendees

Which i believe is pretty decently sized for Chicago and probably at least a contributing factor to the hotel rates you're seeing.

Also, if you click the links in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins you'll see that the lower rates you're seeing on these dates, both were for longer stays, so if the 'other' dates in the stay are lower, it can bring down the average nightly rate for the entire stay (if this isn't clear let me know and i'll provide an example)

What is the best rate you're able to get thru conventional booking channels? What is your maximum bid for this stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best rate I've seen is on www.hotrooms.com, which is a chicago website.

They have the Comfort Suites Downtown for $159/nite Plus 15% tax total of $370 for the 2 nites. one queen bed. (Hotrooms has cheaper, The Congress Hotel is $129.., but it gets bad reviews.)

I'm trying to stay under a total of $300 for the 2 nites, which would be a Max bid on PRICELINE of $130 per nite.

I believe that convention is the problem.

I'll keep you posted.

thanks.

My dates were flexible, so I tried bidding on a different date. Won the Hyatt Regency- $62. nite, Sept 5&6 (4* Millinium, Loop, Grant Park zone) Total bill including taxes $151. for 2 nites.

I made a separate post on the winning bid.

Used your link to PRICELINE.

Thanks for all the help since I am new at this. I was suprised at the deal I got Labor Day weekend and during Jazz Fest, which is held right by my hotel.

Cardsfan.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]