Priceline Hotel: 3* San Antonio (Norhtwest) Hyatt Place

ricklesgolf
By ricklesgolf,
in

I have reviewed BB for possible options for our family vacation. I was looking at the Resorts but am shying away due to the fact that accommodating 2 adults and 2 children may be problematic. From what I've read, it sounds like the resorts want to charge an additional $50 for double beds plus a $15 resort fee. If anyone has recent insight here, please let me know.

So now I am looking at the Staybridge Suites NW-Colonnade. Reviews are good. I have not located any successful strategies here but I think it may be easy due to there seems to be only two 3 star hotels in San Antonio (NW). The other hotel is the Hyatt Place. I have not seen any posts on it either.

Any insight or strategies would be appreciated including free bid possibilities.

I'm not familair with fees in this particular area but $50 sounds a bit high and i would look to see if that is accurate before changing zones and star ratings as a result. Worse than an excessive fee would be a situation where the hotel is simply unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with two beds... would you be able to work around a 'worst case scenario" where you received a room with only one bed?

Have you tried searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children to see if their pricing compares... it may be worth a few extra dollars, and be able to get a Resort property in your first choice of zone, while guaranteeing enough bedding for all four of you.

What are the actual dates of your stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I could probably bring an air bed that we have if the worst case scenario prevailed. I went to several sites including Hotwire and the prices were $170 at the resort which is pretty steep for me. That's where I discovered Staybridge Suites. If I get Staybridge, I know I could accommodate 4 people since they are suites.

My Actual dates are check in 7/30/09 and checkout is 8/4/2009.

Am I correct that Staybridge Suites has only one other hotel with 3 stars in its zone? The zones were different on the regular priceline booking site.

Am I correct that Staybridge Suites has only one other hotel with 3 stars in its zone? The zones were different on the regular priceline booking site.
No, as per the comments at the top of the HOTEL LIST, the lists are only hotels that have been reported to the board and should therefore not be considered 'complete'. (as well as star rating upgrades and downgrades)
If I get Staybridge, I know I could accommodate 4 people since they are suites.
Keep in mind that Staybridge Suites are not 'full suites' with separate bedroom and living room, more like a 3/4 wall separating the living area from the bed, and the 'second bed' may be a pullout sofabed. Candlewood Suites are also "suites" by definition, but their standard rooms only have one bed and two bedded rooms, when available, come at an additional fee.

Let us know how you'd like to procee and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I decided that I would likely get either Staybridge or Hyatt Place if I bid on a three star in the Northwest Zone. After looking at both hotels, I discovered that they both come with sleeper sofa standard for the rooms so even if I could not get double beds, we would OK with the sleeping arraignments.

I thought I would start out just bidding the NW Zone at $48.00 per night. The bid was accepted so we are set. In the morning I will try for the two beds but will be fine with just one.

Thanks so much for your help and this site!

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so we can add this to the topic title.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to beign your future travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]