MA Boston InterContinental Quincy Market

travelgourmet
By travelgourmet,
in

Just wanted to post a quick follow-up.

This might be the best value I have ever received from PRICELINE. This hotel pushes the upper limit of 4* hotels. It may not be at the level of the Ritz or Four Seasons, but gosh it is close. The public areas are stunning. The rooms are great. Bathrooms awesome. The only thing that would hold it back (guessing here) is that it might not meet the standards of service of a true 5-star. Nobody was clamoring to take my bag when I got out of the cab - it was only a single rollaboard, but how would they know?

No mention of PRICELINE at check-in. The gentleman at check-in was more than happy to give a two-bedded room that is pretty big, considering we are talking DT Boston - bigger than the Four Seasons Boston room I have been in.

Great value at $100.

A few more follow-up notes:

1) I checked into the second room on the bid after the previous post. Well, things only improved on the room front. Again, no mention was made of Priceline, just friendly service at the desk. They handed my friend his key and we were on our way. The room turns out to be a suite - living room, dining table, two bathrooms, harbor views, and all mod cons. Fantastic room. Once again, the quality of the furnishings and room design is really top-notch here.

2) Arriving back after midnight on Friday showed how hip this place has become. The bar off the lobby was packed, with a pretty crowd. Could be a decent place to grab a drink. And, while it isn't Paris Hilton, my friends did spend the next morning sharing the gym with Sandra Bullock, so it is on the radar of the celebrity set, as well.

3) Check-out largely confirmed my suspicions about where this place probably misses the mark. The line was maybe 10 people deep and wasn't moving that quickly. A lot of folks seemed to be lugging their own bags. In general, the staff didn't seem quite large enough to provide the level of service that the quality of the facilities would suggest. Nonetheless, everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful.

• 11 months later...

We just returned from a night at this property (03/05/09) and couldn't have asked for more, we had 2 rooms at $119 ea booked via Hotwire.

I telephoned the hotel directly to see about connecting rooms as we were travelling with our children as well as my inlaws. They told me they could not promise me the connecting room, but would make a note on the reservation as well make sure there was a crib available for us. When we checked in I recognized the accent from the front desk clerk as the person I spoke with earlier and the second clerk was more than happy to meet our request. They were super friendly and even offered us complimentary passes for the Children's Museum!

The connecting room was a king and the second room was 2 doubles, wit a gorgeous view of the skyline! After settling in we took the kids to the indoor pool, and they only think I would say it was lacking was a hot tub. The gym was very large with plenty of equipment. I just wish our stay was longer so I could try out the spa.

I would highly recommend this property, I'm already thinking about planning another trip very soon!

I took a lot of photos, I'm just trying to figure out how to add them to the site!

• 3 months later...

Hi there, a newbee on this forum.

Tried Hotwire for a hotel in august 2008 in Boston.

Read some forums(this?) for help and hoped for this hotel, and this hotel it was.

Great value, seventh floor overlooking the harbour, spacy room, own lovely bathrobe, flatscreen telly...etc

Helpful staff.

Paid $139.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]