Priceline Hotel: 5* Sydney (City Centre) Sofitel Wentworth

SuperTrickTurner
By SuperTrickTurner,
in

:)

Bidding started at $100, $110 and still no "raise your bid by $22" so I put in $120 and it was taken.

I looked at prior bids at this hotel and thought at first this was a good price as it was lower than any posted on betterbidding.

So the lesson learned here is always check the websites of the hotels before you bid.

I Paid

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$120.00

Subtotal: US$240.00

Taxes and Service Fees: US$35.98

Total Charges for Original Reservation: US$275.98

Hotel Site offers at $126.85 per night inclusive of taxes and fees. So I over paid by $11.14 per night. Figuring Better Bidding has saved me thousands of dollars I'm not too grumpy. But I always like sticking it to the man - maybe Priceline outside the US isn't as competitive.

Not sure of the pre-tax rate at the softiel website but if it's less than your accepted $120 bid you can make a clain against PRICELINE best rate guarantee (needs to be done within 24 hours of booking)

Priceline Best Rate Guarantee

If you didn't, please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Now I'm going to become a Michigan Fan! Go Big Blue! I did what you said and sure enough after a bit of script reading - the Priceline Rep first tried to tell me my bid was $120 and more competitive than the $126 the hotel's website had. I pointed out to him that was INCLUDING TAXES and FEES. He relented and went ahead and refunded me the difference. So I matched the best rate of the Sofitel and probably never would have even chosen this hotel if it weren't for Better Bidding. Nice Call on that!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]