Your Offer Price: $40.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.36

Total Charges: $54.36

----

Their internet rate for that day is $85.26 + 17% tax = $99.75

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Siam.net has the Novotel Lotus on your dates for $49 USD with breakfast and all taxes included. I have used them when I don't need stay credit with my favourite hotel chains. Their rates are rarely undersold. Priceline for 4*'s in Bangkok is becoming too much of a crap shoot. The best strategy, IMHO, is to use PL for 5* Riverside properties and plan on getting the superb Shangri-la for a few bucks more. The savings there really are significant.

However, there is a silver lining. The Novotel gets generally favourable reviews at Siam.net.

Just had a look at siam.net.. and they list the Holiday Inn (there still listed as Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza) as a 5-star!!!! What a joke!

And they have another Holiday Inn, Ploenchit... there... strange... In holiday-inn.com I don't find a HI in Ploenchit. Is it a new one or a former HI?

Just had a look at siam.net.. and they list the Holiday Inn (there still listed as Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza) as a 5-star!!!! What a joke!

:) Siam.net's star ratings may certainly be inflated, but their prices aren't, and in my book that's the more important criteria. I do my own ratings according to my research and reviews I've read. I, personally, would assign the Holiday Inn no more than a 3* rating. If you really wanted to stay at the HI, better to pay $65 USD (including breakfast and taxes) than the $75 USD (+ 17% and no breakfast) at HI's own website.

The property on Ploenchit mentioned by Chris26WI as being labelled a HI used to be the Meridien President. Right next door is the InterContinental, which used to be the Royal Meridien. I would image they were sold to the InterContinental Hotels Group, of which HI is a part, when the Siam InterContinental property on Rama I was sold to developers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]