Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

ourania
By ourania,
in

Hello all,

looking for help to ID a hotel in Toronto Downtown East 4* for Aug.5-7 for 2 adults & 2 kids

no smoking,fitness centre, pool, business centre, high speed internet in room.

rate is 60$

also there is Downtown Tor. West 4* with same amenities as above for 96$

any suggestions which would be best for family with 2 kids 7 yrs. & under.

looking to get citypass and do the touristy thing

thanks!

HOTWIRE has a 4* in Downtown Toronto East for $62 with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, which I'm guessing may be the Delta Chelsea.

If you would like to bid on PRICELINE, given the amount of time you have, I'd start at $45 for a 4* in the downtown area; if not accepted, increase to $47 24 hours later. If that's not accepted, $50 24 hours afterwards. However, I'd be surprised if it took more than $50.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

would i be able to bid and include areas that do not have the star rating that i desire, so i can get multiple bids with in the 24hr. time frame.

i know that there are no 4* in the suburbs, or that is what shows when you choose that particular area.

just an idea, what do you think?

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. The correct way to determine your re-bid zones is discussed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask any questions you have and/or if you'd like to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

realized that our booking dates follow caribana weekend, reason for much higher prices.

hopefully for our wednesday check-in caribana party-ers will be checking out.

wrote out the bidding stradegy, was going by memory yesterday.

my question is do i book now or wait it out till closer to my date, and risk finding nothing.

i am willing to go as high as 90-95 US.

will need to wait for this evening to start bidding again.

thanks!

The Caribana Festival shouldn't be an issue; it's extremely unlikely that enough visitors to the event will be hanging around Toronto by that time to make a significant difference in hotel occupancy in downtown Toronto (hotel rates aren't even particularly high during the Festival). I did a quick search on Kayak; the Sutton Place hotel is available for $79 through EasyClickTravel, and the Marriott Bloor Yorkville for $87 through GTA Hotels. With rates like that, the hotels in the area can't be that busy. My guess is that you're just bidding too early to get the very best deals.

If you'd like to secure something now anyway, you could just start at $50 and increase your bid in $5 increments. I'd be very surprised if you got up to your original limit of $80 without being accepted.

The hotel is a match for the Sheraton. But as thereuare asked, do you want to spend $100 for a room on HOTWIRE when you haven't come close to bidding that amount on PRICELINE? Of course, with Priceline you're giving up the ability to know which hotel you'll be staying at before you buy; you have to decide how much of a discount you need in exchange.

On the same day you first posted, Sage S reported getting the Sheraton for $70/night for 8/5-8/10. Hotwire's rate for the Sheraton is about the same for those dates as for yours, so you might only have to bid slightly more than you already have on PRICELINE to get a room.

i do realize i may sound unreasonable switching to hotwire with a higher price,

but also priceline does not guarrantee that i can get 2 beds,

it just states that it will guarrantee 2 persons.

i dont want to cause any problems because our group will have 2 young kids & 2 adults.

if i can be sure that it will not be a problem, then i will try priceline again and up my price.

Also, in your experienced opinion, i am better to wait 2 weeks or less before checkin date?

i am not flying in, so i am not urgently needing a hotel room,

thanks.

also, asking a priceline/hotwire question, the board is flexible, goes back & forth.

its the dates in question that are more the issue, i guess?

sorry to be all over the place :)

if i can be sure that it will not be a problem, then i will try priceline again and up my price.

Also, in your experienced opinion, i am better to wait 2 weeks or less before checkin date?

See the respective related links in our PRICELINE FAQ for answers to both of the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]