Priceline Hotel: avoiding the Maui Prince on hotwire or priceline

vinnylep
By vinnylep,
in

I was interested in making a bid for 3 nights in September.

We do not want to stay at the Maui Prince ( we are already staying at the Hawaii Prince in Waikiki great price through priceline-Thanks forum)

Is there anway to ensure we don't get the Maui prince in Wailea.

I would be willing to easily spend close to $200 for the Marriot Wailea-or Fairmont in that area but not if there is a chance of getting the Maui Prince. Any suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

( we are already staying at the Hawaii Prince in Waikiki great price through priceline-Thanks forum)
Why not share your win with the board and help others users, just as others have done before you which helped in your own purchase :)
Is there anway to ensure we don't get the Maui prince in Wailea.
There is no way to avoid a particular hotel in the zone when using PRICELINE. If there is a property that you're not willing to stay in then HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to what the property is before your purchase based upon the amenities shown to be associated with the hotel (or at the very least sometimes know what it isnt')

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please post your previous win to the board, then let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have another question: HOTWIRE is has a 4 1/2 star in Wailiea for $316 any idea what this might be? I am guessing it is the Grand Wailea. The Marriot has a list price of $299 and the Maui Price is even less than that. I doubt the Fairmont or the four Seasons use hotwaire do thay?

You can see all hotels reported to the board thru HOTWIRE in the Hotwire Hotel List for this area. For help identifying the property above we'll need to know the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with it... but are you willing to spend $300+ per nite for a hotel this stay? If not, i don't think there would be much value in trying to identify it... there is very little correlation between the hotel with the lowest price in the zone and the one you will receive thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A few weeks back I won the Marriot Wailea for $160 for 8/9-8/12. I also was worried about getting the Prince. However when I bid the Wailea - Makena region, I noticed that 4* was available (as was Resort), so I went on a hunch that the 4* was the Marriot or better. After some lower bids (140, 150), $160 was accepted for 4* and it was the Marriot Wailea (yes we used the link from this site). So has this hotel been upgraded to 4*? If so, that is how you could avoid the Prince. Just bid on the 4*

If the Marriott went from Resort class to 4 stars that would be a downgrade as Resort hotels are considered a higher rating than 4 stars.

However, THIS LINK shows that the Marriott is still Resort rated by PRICELINE... what i'm assuming happened is that your 4* bid was upgraded to a Resort class property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]