Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Palm Springs (Palm Desert) Residence Inn

heinous
By heinous,
in

Hi! OK, so yesterday, I bid on a hotel in Palm Springs, in the Palm Springs area only. But when my bid was accepted, it was in the Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert area! Now, I had considered adding this area as a free rebid zone for 4* but then I realized that it wouldn't work because of the Resort category. So I did NOT add this zone - I just added star categories and re-bid. When my accepted bid came up, I Backed up in my browser, and when I got to the request page, the Rancho Mirage zone was clearly NOT checked.

I called the 800 number, and they said that I DID request it, and they sent me a copy of the contract page that I initialed. It's true that I may not have looked over the contract page that closely before I hit Submit, but I know for sure that I did NOT check the box on the request page for Palm Desert.

The woman I talked to at Priceline was totally not helpful. She sent me the page, and said there's nothing that can be done, and hung up.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Is there anything I can do? I booked this for my sister, for a conference, and the hotel is 15 miles from where she needs to be. :)

Oh, sorry! I always post the details of the bid after I'm done, but since this one was a mistake, I didn't. Here it is:

November 4-7

Bid on Palm Springs area only.

Bid $65 for 4*, rejected

Added 3*, rejected

Added 2.5*, increased bid to $80, accepted.

However, it was accepted at the Residence Inn Palm Desert, which is in the other area! I don't know what to do about this... They sent me the contract page, but I could swear (and so can my sister, who was sitting next to me) that I did NOT check that box! :)

Hmm... I suppose that's possible... I don't know. Well, I've resigned myself to this bid, and my sister is being really nice and saying that she doesn't mind staying so far. :)

I'll just be super super careful in the future and make sure I look over the contract page before I submit. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]