Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Westin St Francis

witless
By witless,
in

4 nights. Was keen to get 4* USE zone only, so tried USE and various free re-bid configurations in small increments. $87 rejected, but $89 accepted. This is not quite as cheap as people sometimes get this hotel, but we're happy enough...

Total price for the 4 nights inc taxes and fees: $421.38

Used the PRICELINE link.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

For better room assingment, i would call in advance and let them know your traveling with an infant who usually sleeps in the bed with you and request a room with a King bed... you an re-iterate this request at check-in. Once you're up to the room you can call down and request a crib/pack 'n play (although run the risk they coulud potentially run out.

Or you could consider Tipping the Front Desk Clerk as discussed in the previous link (gets 'intereting' about 6-7 posts down from the top)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Let us know if you ultimately try either of the above and how your room assignment works out.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Update as requested. Thanks thereyouare for the advice.

I'm afraid I didn't have the courage to try tipping/bribing the front desk clerk as suggested in the discussion you linked. I did however call and fax ahead to request a King bed, a crib and a quiet room. It was partially successful. We still got one of their "Priceline rooms", with a queen bed, but it was at the end of a corridor and very quiet. They gave us the crib and also a small refrigerator, which was really great. We picked up a small travel electric kettle close by (Crate & Barrel) for $20, so our room was then like a suite!

Overall, a good experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]