Priceline Hotel: 3* Houston (Downtown) Doubletree

sarah0403
By sarah0403,
in

Husband needed to go to court for a speeding ticket. He's a trucker, unfortunately he did not get a load (from Orlando Fl) Had to book last minute, last night. I am not familiar with Houston..so I warned him that I would be goin into uncharted waters..LOL But..thanks to you and my "skills" I did ok. yes, of course I used "our" PRICELINE link. :)

First tried package deal..flight and hotel. The round trip w/ doubletree went for $443.00

Lousy hotel in boondocks w/ roundtrip went for $284.00

Decided to bid on a flight. Lowest price was $263.00 w/taxes on Priceline and USAirways.

Bid, $150.00 Priceline countered at $175.00 I agreed. Total was $220.00 w/ taxes for airfare (saved $43.00)

Started opening bid of $45.00 (copied past posts) took 5 rebid zones to get it at $55.00 that was my last offer by the way!!

Total came to $136.00 for two nights w/ taxes. I think I seen this hotel on Hotwire for $89 plus tax...

So the round trip with *3 hotel (2 nights) came out to roughly $355.00 saved almost a hundred bucks bidding separately, for same package offered through Priceline in "package deals" again for $443.00

Now I could have went for cheaper hotel ..than used difference for rent-a car..to stay in budget. But I went for downtown hotel, (he could just take a bus, and or walk to court) get a better room and be right around the area. What i did not realize is that this Hotel did not offer free airport shuttle service (Hobby Airport)...that sucks cuz MOST do. So I found out that the Metro Bus is only $1.25 each way and it drops off a couple blocks away from hotel. Normal shuttle is almost $40.00 round trip. I would have bid on a different area, with *2 hotel and got a car, had I known this. But the good side is they do offer free shuttle to downtown area...so he get's a free ride to the courthouse. Also, i think for the average price this hotel should be offering something, free breakfast, pool, something. It is clearly a business hotel. With the swine flu about,...better to stay in a cleaner (hopefully) hotel nowadays. I am not estatic, but all in all. I am genuinely pleased. But I also know i could have MAYBE done a little better if I had more time. I also reminded husband to take advantage stock up on those free choc chip cookies they give out. LOL

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you thought this one thru and got a very nice deal as a result.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Hope you're husband enjoys his stay... and does well with the ticket in court!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]