Priceline Hotel: Honeymoon Help for Honolulu

forbese
By forbese,
in

Hey,

I am spending my upcoming honeymoon from June 21 to June 29 (2009) in Oahu. We would really like to stay in the Waikiki Beach area at hopefully a 3.5 star and up hotel/resort. Our dream would be to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, but I know we do not get to choose. Do you have any suggestions on how I should bid on priceline for this? Also, should we wait awhile before we bid or does the timing not matter?

Thanks

Eric

Congrats!

If you are set on getting the HHV then you have a very good possibility of this if you bid in the WAIKIKI MARINA area under RESORT level and only this level. I know there are no guarantees with PRICELINE but the HHV is the only resort level property that I am aware of in the marina area. I would say to start your bidding at $90 range and go from there. I know someone recently got it for around $100 a night or so. You have a few rebid zones you can use that dont have resort level properties in them so you can up your bid a few dollars at a time. maybe post what your maximum bid is aan the admin can come up with a bidding scheme for you.

You mentioned you want to stay in the waikiki beach area but the HHV is not exactly in that area. But it does have a nice wide beach. In the waikiki beach area the SHERATON and the HYATT seem to be popping up the most in the resort level. The sheraton was going for around $119 a night around that time but not sure if it is still in that range or not.

As far as waiting there really isnt a need to wait as long as your plans are definite. If you win a hotel there are no refunds on PRICELINE so make sure your 100% going for those dates. If you have a maximum bid you want to try and keep it under then stay with that plan and use the same scheme everyday until you get it. What is your maximum bid?

Finally, HOTWIRE might be a good option as HHV shows up on there from time to time. So take a look on it for your dates and try and identify it and see if that rate is low enough to your liking.You can identify it using the the hotwire identification for hawaii on this site. Just match up the amenities on HOTWIRE to the ones already identified by this site

Hope this helps...enjoy your honeymoon and happy bidding!

We would really like to stay in the Waikiki Beach... our dream would be to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village...
An issue here is that the Hilton Hawaiian Village is located in the Marina zone... did you want to bid first for a Resort in the Marina zone up to your maximum bid... or did you want to try for a lower star rated hotel in the Beach zone?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

What is your maximum bid for a 3* property?

Also, there are 3.5* rated properties in the Waikiki Beach zone, are you not interested in this star level?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Waikiki Beach and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]