Hotwire Hotel: WDW - which area is the best

cdcooker
By cdcooker,
in

I have never been WDW. In Hotwire, there are three areas close to this park. So far, I found out "Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney" is more expensive with the same star rating. Most of the hotels in "SeaWorld - I-drive South Area" offer complimentary breakfast, which is good for me. "Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area" is relatively cheaper among these three areas. My questions are:

• Can I expect all the hotels in these three areas provide shuttle service to WDW, at least twice a day?
  • Are the ridiculous hidden resort fee the same among all these areas? If not, which area typically charge more?
  • WDW offer free parking for those guests who live inside the park. Does it mean guests live in hotels in "Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney" automatically get the free parking in WDW?
  • Hotwire price change so frequently from day to day and from time to time. if my trip is early May, will I get better price if I wait until the end of April to search at Hotwire?
  • Are all hotels in "Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney" are within walking distance to the shuttle bus inside the park (which operate every 20 minutes, I believe)?
  • Among all these three areas, which one you recommend the most?
  • Last question, and may be not the right place to ask, where to find the cheapest tickets for a 5 days pass of Disney World?

Thank you very much.

I wish i had the time to be your private guide for Orlando :) But I'm sorry to say that the board can only help you with your hotel. This is a diffrent level. This would take me hours to answer and I don't have the time to do this. You better seek help at some Disney board.

I'm sorry for this!

Yellowdog.

Ok, your best bet is to get into the LBV - Downtown Disney area. I have found that a lot of those properties are actually on Disney. There are some, though, like Bonnet Creek, which is supposed to be awesome, that are more secluded and you cannot walk to the Disney shuttle stops. But they do have their own shuttles, which you could just take to the transportation center on Disney, I would presume. I'm sure there are tons of options.

If you pick a SeaWorld area hotel, the shuttles will be few and far between. Like, 2 to Disney in the morning and 2 from in the evening. And you have to go at their times. Or you could rent a car, and pay $10 or $15 for parking.

Main Gate - Celebration area is very touristy, and those hotels are very cheap, mainly because they are rundown, dated hotels.

Oh, another option for you is to look for packages at time shares, sometimes they offer really cheap Disney tickets if you listen to their presentation. Some are very high pressure, I have met people who say it was nearly an all day event, and some people said they were done in a couple hours. If it's something you'd be willing to do, look into it, but do your research. It is a vacation, I'm sure you wouldn't want to waste a day like that.

Also, check craigslist in the orlando area. Some people rent out their homes for ridiculously cheap. And you can also find hotel/condo specials there.

Have a good time and good luck!

my personal favorite

lake buena vista..hotels on hotel blvd;best western, hilton, royal ect..you can walk to pleasure island (downtown disney) nice and CLEAN, and Safe area. shuttles abundant. cookes of dublin is outside Raglin road in pleasure island ...excellent fish and chips..the best bread pudding i have ever tasted in my life. it is much cheaper than eating inside and it is the same food!! seating is first come first serve. you can then go inside and watch the irish gal dancing a jig on the tables. fun.

I drive south happening area, plenty to do. clean and safe. great restaurants i would not go to wonderworks though. waste of money i only say this cuz i went last year, and a lot of the games were broken..i emailed for some sort of refund, and got no answer back at all. go to disneyquest. stayed at wyndham..great hotel. holiday inn resort...awesome.get tower room facing i drive with BIG window. clarion is nice, crown plaza is nice, ramada lakeside, nice enclave..nasty ANY quality inn..dirty

I drive north near universal is nice...but there really isnt anything in walking distance. expect to drive everywhere.

celebration the street is so busy, you really can't walk anywhere. crappier hotels, except Holiday maingate east which was actually pretty nice, stayed there. ask for building one/ 3rd floor overlooking pool w/balcony...Medieval times in there. great show..we always have a blast.

I seem to get the same or better deal staying on i drive than I would near disney maingate. it is also better maintained in my opinion.

if you get a chance Blue man group (Universal) was sooooo awesome. Highly recommend it for all ages. AAA has tickets sometimes for $44 well worth the money. i also joined TGIF club. they keep sending me buy one get one free dinners. there are a lot of them on I drive. There is also a salad bar place called Sweet Tomatos off I drive...best salad bar/pasta bar around...excellent! clean, fresh, beats any buffet in my opinion around. have fun..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]