Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Sofitel

traveling1
By traveling1,
in

My friend and I are going to Chicago on 4-3-09 thru 4-6-09. We have a room for the first night but needed two more nights somewhere. Everywhere I looked, the prices were over two hundred a night! I started looking into Hotwire, then betterbidding.com. I was really not sure about bidding on HOTWIRE because I had read stories of getting just one double bed at some hotels. If I was going with my husband, that would be fine but I didn't want a double bed to share wuith my girlfriend! After reading on Monday that "Worldtraveler85" had bid $129. for the 4.5 NMA goldcoast area and received the Sofitel, I felt confident enough to bid. I registered with betterbidding.com, went throught their HOTWIRE link and received the Sofitel! It looks like a nice hotel on their website. I hope the location is good!

I was wondering though if it is unacceptable to phone the Sofitel and ask if a room with double beds could be requested. Is this unheard of? Since it's my first hotwire bid (certainly not my last!!) I thought I could ask this question as a newbie... Thank you.

Welcome to the site. :)

Congrats on your win - the Sofitel is certainly a very nice property, in a terrific location off Michigan Ave. In terms of 2 beds, you can call and request this, but it's not guaranteed with a HOTWIRE reservation. Additionally, from what I've seen, rooms w/2 beds at the Sofitel are limited and I believe they go for a premium as a result.

Thank you for posting your win and using the site's HOTWIRE link, too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]