Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Gaylord Palms

Les Claypool Tallahassee
By Les Claypool Tallahassee,
in

$99 4.5-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area 4/2-4/5

According to the "The Florida Hotel List" pinned thread, this is either the Gaylord Palms or The Omni @ Championsgate. I've stayed at the Omni before and I would prefer like to "win" this hotel again, if possible, rather than the Gaylord Palms.

One of the features listed "Golf Nearby."

I know for certain that the Omni has a golf course onsite. The Gaylord definitely does not.

My main concern is that since the "golf nearby" feature says that it's either within walking distance or a short drive away, I'm afraid that since the Gaylord Palms is in the middle of a million golf courses, the fact that the Omni has one onsite isn't really a defining feature. Does that make sense? In other words, the Gaylord doesn't have a course within walking distance, but it is within a short drive of probably 100+ golf courses...as is EVERY hotel in Orlando.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. This will be my first time using HOTWIRE as well as using Betterbidding.com I'll be glad to go through your HOTWIRE link when I do bid!

4.5-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area

This hotel features the following amenities:

---------------------------------------

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Lately HOTWIRE has been 'hiding' some amenities based upon some criteria of the search.

If you change your HOTWIRE search to 2adults/2children you'll see (at least i did on my own search) a 4.5* hotel offered in this zone for the same $99/nite, but with additional amenities of Spa and Chidlrens Activiies (although these additional icons won't be seen unless you click the CONTINUE button next to this offering, then click the 'see all amenities' link under the icons, and since the scrollbars on this popup window have been disabled you'll need to pricss CTRL+A to copy/paste into a text program such as WORDPAD or NOTEPAD)

Anyway, following the above and seeing the addtiional amenities, this is a match for the Gaylord Palms so that would be my best guess. It's possible that this is the Gaylord Palms and that the previous hotel (when only searching for 2adults) is a different property, but given the price similarity, i'm guessing it's the same hotel with some 'missing' icons and that you're likely seeing the Gaylord Palms.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1. What makes you think it's the Gaylord as opposed to the Omni? They both have identical amenities - spa, children's activities, etc. (except for golf)
I don't think this is correct, they have been reported with different amenity icons. As well, when searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children as indicated above there is some Tripadvisor information shown, which is consistent with the Gaylord... but not the Omni.
2. Also, is there anything to ascertain from "Golf Nearby?"
I don't think so, unless one hotel i known to show this amenity while another hotel is not.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping for the Omni or the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, but since I've never stayed at the Gaylord Palms before, I'm a little bit glad that we won this. I know at the very least that my wife will enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa.

The reviews on tripadvisor are very bad for this hotel though, and that has me more than a little concerned. I'm going to try the $20-$30 bribe for sure too, to see if we can get a decent upgrade on a room.

Has anyone on this site stayed there before? What is your opinion of the place? I'm especially interested in finding out how the waterslide is. That's all my daughter and her friend will want to do all day every day.

STRATEGY:

Started bidding at $60.

Added a new non-resort zone and went up in $5 increments each time until I hit $75.

Still no luck, so I started going up in $1 increments until I hit $78.

I used the PRICELINE link in Thesauru's (the Michigan guy) post to bid!

Thanks for all the help from the site!!! Much obliged!

Congratulations on your success... nicely done!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and you're looking forward to trying this new (for you) property.

You can see some of our member reviews of this property here Gaylord Palms Review.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

I stayed there August 07 and really enjoyed it. Granted, I live in Nashville so we have Gaylord Opryland in our backyard so I wasn't overwhelmed with the hugeness of the place, but it's still a nice facility. The food on the grounds is overpriced so bring snacks (especially if you have kids). I stayed at the adult-only pool but the waterslide looked fun for kids (not huge, but better than no slide).

I wanted to mention the Fitness center (which is attached to the spa). They offered fitness classes so one morning I decided to go while my husband was in a meeting. I was the only one who showed up so I basically got a 1 on 1 personal training session for around $10. The trainer was so helpful and sincere and gave me handouts and things to work on with nutrition and different exercises. I can't say enough good things about that aspect of my stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]