Hotwire Hotel: 3* Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson Ocean Plaza Resort

spike101
By spike101,
in

Dates: Checkin 4/30/09 - 1 night

Both appear as Pompano Beach (I searched for Delray Beach)

4* Resort, Suite, Beach, smokefree, fitness center, pool, restaurant and business center - $127

3* Beach, smokefree, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, hi speed and children's activities - $195

I only see a 3.5* pinned as Ocean Sands Resort.

Any help appreciated.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire South Beach thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

When you bump this thread please doublecheck the amenities associated with each to make sure you have included them all, using the following method: If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? NOTE: you will likely need to click the pop-up window with the amenities, the CTRL+A, and copy/paste to a text program such as NOTEPAD or WORDPAD to see them all since HOTWIRE is missing the scrollbars from this window.

Lastly, is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay? The 3* doesn't really seem like much of a legitimate option when the 4* is not only higher rated, but $70 cheaper, and also better reviewed based upon the Tripadvisor information shown by HOTWIRE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I doublechecked the amenities and don't see any others aside from what I listed.

I already have 2 nights (5/1 and 5/2) booked at The Colony in Delray Beach for a reunion. I am trying to find a decent hotel nearby (Deerfield to Palm?) for the night before (4/30) as well as the night after (5/2). I started with the 4/30 night.

You refer to the 4* property being better reviewed by TripAdvisor - I'm sorry, but I don't know where to find that on the Hotwire listing?

Both the 4* and the 3* Pompano hotels are available on both the nights of 4/30 and 5/3. Yes, there IS a big discrepancy in rates, but I'd like to ID both hotels before making a purchase, especially because Pompano is further south than I would like to be.

There is also today listed a 3* Deerfield Beach hotel for $84 for the night of 4/30. Its amenities are beachfront, fitness, pool, restaurant and high speed internet access. Better location for me, although I might prefer one of the other hotel properties.

I looked at list of pinned hotels but none of the 3 seem to appear. Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

I doublechecked the amenities and don't see any others aside from what I listed.

Did you use the technique outlined above to check:

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? NOTE: you will likely need to click the pop-up window with the amenities, the CTRL+A, and copy/paste to a text program such as NOTEPAD or WORDPAD to see them all since HOTWIRE is missing the scrollbars from this window.
...there IS a big discrepancy in rates, but I'd like to ID both hotels before making a purchase, especially because Pompano is further south than I would like to be.
Aren't both of these hotels above in the same zone? :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you SO much....I had doublechecked amenities but used AOL and I saw nothing different. I went in through Explorer this time and saw additional amenities for the 4* Pompano hotel (4/30 - $128). The full list of amenities are: Resort, Suite, Beachfront, smokefree, pool, fitness, restaurant, business center, laundry, high speed internet and spa. I don't know of any 4* hotels in Pompano Beach so am wondering if it is at the north end and not really PB proper.....

The 3* Pompano Beach hotel (4/30 - $195) has no additional amenities listed.

The 3* Deerfield Beach hotel (4/30 - $84) has no additional amenities listed. It is a better location for me, but obviously an "inferior" hotel.

Any help greatly appreciated. And thank you again - I will no longer go into HOTWIRE through AOL. My apologies for the extra work I caused.

The 4* is a match for the Ocean Sands so that would be our best guess for that one.

The other two properties have not yet been identified, but our best guess for each would be:

3* Beachcomber Resort (Pompano Beach)

3* Howard Johnson Plaza Resort (Deerfield Beach)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you.

When I first saw the listing for the 4* in Pompano, I thought it might be the Ocean Sands but the Ocean Sands was pinned as a 3.5*? I have stayed there before and didn't feel it was anywhere near a 4*.

Thank you re information on possibility of Beachcomber (Pompano) and Howard Johnsons (Deerfield). I will look into both.

Two hotels won/identified:

3* Deerfield Beach hotel - Howard Johnson Ocean Plaza Resort

night of 4/30/09

$84 plus tax = $99.16

3* Pompano Beach hotel - Beachcomber Resort and Villas

night of 5/3/09

$88.00 plus tax = $105.62

Thank you again for all your help!

Thank you for sharing your win(s) with the board.

Glad to see you received the hotels you were hoping for.

Please only post one win per thread so that we can reflect the pertinent details in the topic title as well as have each appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. We'll use this thread for your first win of the Howard Johnson, can you please start a NEW TOPIC with the details of your Beachcomber Resort and Villas purchase.

If you didn't, please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]