Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Fullerton-Brea) Crowne Plaza Fullerton

c4l
By c4l,
in

Hello there, I am looking for a nice hotel near Disneyland, for a couple of weekend days in the first week in March. I've already tried Priceline up to $53 - now need to wait 24 hours. It seems like others are having luck in that price range. Hotwire has a 3.5* at $169 for my dates.

03/05/09 - 03/07/09 (not very flexible)

3.5* preferred

$50 - $75

Is my bid just unreasonable ? Should I just continue the re-bid process until I get near my pain threshold?

Thank you in advance!

-Mal

P.S. - Becuase of this site, as a first time PRICELINE user, I scored a nice hotel in Monterey last summer for almost 60% of rack prices. Thank you...thank you!

There is something happening in the area around these dates... the usual acceptor in this zone, the Crown Plaza is sold-out, as is the Hilton Suites, and the Hilton Anaheim is $350+.

There is a 3* hotel on HOTWIRE in the Anaheim-Disneyland South zone for $75 (Breakfast, Pool, Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf)... it hasn't yet been identified, but does show a good Tripadvisor rating of 4.0/5.0 (but only 20+ reviews) which may be an option for you. (although note this could be similar to a PRICELINE 2.5* property... but at least you know it has good user reviews)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to expand my search area to include Fullerton - Brea (on the re-bid @ $69). Offer accepted. I will just make use of their shuttle to Disneyland -- since it's a few miles away.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fullerton

3.5*

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Saturday, March 7, 2009

$69.00 per night

Taxes and Fees:$25.62

Total Room Cost:$163.62

Rack rate: ~$95+ (according to the ichotelsgroup.com website)

I called directly and paid an additional $25 to upgrade to king bed. (Yes, I know that defeats some of the savings, but, there are 4 conferences in town AND 2 huge concerts that weekend. I'm not risking it. :) In the end, it's still less than buying directly from their site, with a AAA discount. )

Thanks again, for the assistance! And yes...I used the PRICELINE links from this site :-)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and you can make this property work well for your needs.

If the extra $25 gets you what you want then it's money well spent :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hello -

I am new to this site and PRICELINE. I am also hoping to win the Crown Plaza in Fullerton for the weekend of March 6 - 9, 2009. My question is this:

The Orange County area is broad and I only want to stay in Fullerton. Can I be sure that if I only check Fullerton - Brea in the Priceline area map that I won't get a hotel somewhere else in Orange County?

Are there other 3.5* hotels in the Fullerton Brea area beside the Crown Plaza?

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]