Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Galleria) Hilton Post Oak

Erica106
By Erica106,
in

I am headed to Houston for the night of 2/13 (friday). It has been about a year since I've used Priceline and I need a bidding strategy. I absolutely want to stay in the Galleria area, but would be okay with the West area if the price was right. I do not want to spend more than 40 dollars before tax. Is this do-able, and could I please have a bidding strategy? And I would prefer 3 star or higher. Thanks!

If you enter "Houston Galleria" (without the quotes) in the search box at the top of the board (inside the blue banner) you'll see all recent wins for this zone... i don't see anything near $40 so this seems like a very low probability bid.

Did you want to try for a 3* in this zone first up to $40, and then if rejected, try for the West zone?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are right--looks like I'll need to be in the 50-60 dollar range. I don't mind trying 3 star if it is galleria area, but west may be a bit too out of the way for my needs. Of course the higher the rating the better, but I won't be TOO picky. Could you help me with a bidding strategy with $60 as the max? Thanks!

I assume you want to try up to $60 only for the Galleria zone? If so...

At the 3* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Galleria...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can start with this...

At the 4* level you have 15 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Gallieria...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask. If re-jected we'll revise for a 3.5* property.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I won! Thanks for the bidding strategy! We are staying at the Hilton Post Oak (near the Galleria), and we won for $56 (before tax). Now...what's next? Do I call the hotel to confirm, and when should I call? When or how will I know what type of room I get? Can I request a "king non smoking" now or am I supposed to wait until check in?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]