Priceline Hotel: New York 4* Midtown/Times Square 1/24-1/26

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

If you're willing to stay in MTE - which is really not very far from MTW - I would start bidding for a 4* at $85, as many have recently gotten either the Intercontinental Barclay or Benjamin (although with PRICELINE, a different MTE 4* than those 2 could certainly come up) for the $105-115 range for January dates. I think Times Square/Theatre District may take $105-110

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Intercontinental Barclay for $102 (which is why I'm suggesting the unusually low $85 bid for a 4* MTE on PRICELINE), which appears as a 4* in the MTE area with the amenities: fitness, business, restaurant, internet, tennis.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Why not include all the possible zones which are acceptable, then increase using re-bid zones, and you'll then win the least expensive 4* available for your dates??

If you let us know which zones you're willing to accept we can suggest a more detailed strategy if you want to follow the above approach (or you can follow AaronJB's strategy if you want to stick with only MTE)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not currently seeing any 4* hotel in the MTE zone at $102/nite for your dates... the best rate i'm finding on HOTWIRE is ~$143 for a 4* hotel in Midtown. Therefore, i'll suggest going up to $140 in your PRICELINE bidding, but before proceeding i would recommend doing a HOTWIRE search for your dates to make sure that $143 is teh best price offered for a 4* in Midtown (no point in bidding higher than the best rate offered by HOTWIRE for a similarly rated hotel) If you do see 4* hotels in Midtown for less than ~$140 DO NOT bid as indicated below and we'll revise accordingly.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Theater, MTW, CPS, MTE...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Theater, MTW, CPS, MTE and re-bid zone5...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]