Priceline Hotel: trying to book for first time

garlan5
By garlan5,
in

Bidding priceline for the first time..

Going to Red Sox Game in Boston and need 1 room for 5-19-09 thru 5-21-09. First Choice Copley Square and second option would be Quincey's Market.

I'm utilizing the rebid format discussed on here. I am trying to get Park Plaza or Hilton Back Bay for $58-$70 with 3.5* rating.

first bid $58 copley square 3.5*- denied

sec bid $60 copley square and brighton - denied

third bid $62 copley/brighton/south boston- denied

four bid $63 copley/brighton/south bos/medford- denied

Copley is 3.5*--4* all other add on areas are below my star rating...

I guess now I have to wait 24 hours to rebid as i have no other options that i can change.

My question... Does the Red Sox games play a factor into my bidding? I've seen numerous bids won at $58-65 a night in this area...is that probable for this may?

I will try Quincey's Market bids after I know Copley Square options are not possible. Any other info or tips would be appreciated as I am a newbie to this.. I have been reading thru this forum for over a week before bidding though.. very helpful (hopefully)

Welcome to the site :)

Unfortunately, dates play a role. You are likely looking at wins in the Winter (when crowds are lesser because well... it's ridiculously cold) for those rates; prices get a boost - sometimes a significant one - once you head into April/May. Regular rates for these dates at many 4* hotels are $200-250+; $63 unfortunately isn't going to be enough. What is your max budget per night?

The ballgame may have a mild effect on rates.

Well my max budget for the hotel is (hopefully) under $300. I may cut the first night off and make it a two day trip or suck it up and pay it. I guess i saw so many $60-70 winning bids in those two areas I figured it was a sure fire win for me. I will up my bid tomorrow as I cannot bid anymore today

Well, the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE rates will be less than $300, certainly - what I meant is that the higher retail prices for these dates will mean $60-70 likely won't be enough; you may be looking more in the $90-120 range.

Okay thats reasonable.. but here is another thing. I stayed in 07 at holiday inn at Quinceys Market area for 150 a night via booking from the front desk. Sept 07 sox/yankees final season series. I guess thats a lower star rating but i cant find it.. should i consider booking a lower star rating and dive on cheaper hotel.. i just don't want to stay in a bad area because i'll have my wife with me. i dont know boston well enough to gamble on lower star hotel.. theres not much info on 2*'s ... or not that i've found.. thanks for the help btw

This 3* HOTWIRE hotel shows:

In this Boston Hotwire thread i guessed that a similar hotel might be the Hotel 140... the hotel in that thread and this one are the same except for the fact that this one also shows a Non-Smoking icon, and it just so happens that the Hotel 140 is entirely non-smoking, so it's possible that this guess is correct and that the Smoke Free icon was recently added.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alright, not to further complicate things but I am going to start another thread I think and ask for suggestions on a cheaper hotel in a fairly convenient stay for a Red Sox game (May 18-21) and for some simple sight seeing and good night life. I'm sure there are many.. My goal is to be in a $60-90 a night stay in a decent hotel. By decent I mean clean and not of the "shady" manner. It doesnt ness have to be 3 or 4* but I'll have my wife with me.. I originally picked Copley Square as my primary choice because I thought I could snag a low fair but apparently that was because people were winning bids in winter months and i didn't realize that was why. Sooo if anybody has any feedback on clean, low priced hotel in a convenient area for a Sox game, let me know! Sorry for being long winded in response. Thanks for the feed back

I need suggestions on a cheaper hotel in a fairly convenient stay for a Red Sox game (May 18-21) and for some simple sight seeing and good night life. I'm sure there are many.. My goal is to be in a $60-90 a night stay in a decent hotel. By decent I mean clean and not of the "shady" manner. It doesnt ness have to be 3 or 4* but I'll have my wife with me.. I originally picked Copley Square as my primary choice because I thought I could snag a low fair but apparently that was because people were winning bids in winter months and i didn't realize that was why. Sooo if anybody has any feedback on clean, low priced hotel in a convenient area for a Sox game, let me know! Sorry for being long winded in response. Thanks for the feed back

If you do a HOTWIRE search nothing shows up for your dates for $90 or less (assuming you don't want to go too far out from the city)

This would only leave PRICELINE as an option, but if you go that route, you won't know the hotel or location until after your purchase, so not sure what sort of star elevel you'd be willing to accept/try for??

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]