Hotwire Hotel: 4+ star hotel in downtown Chicago 1/23-1/25

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

New visitor to your site, although I have been a huge fan of Priceline hotel/car bidding for a while.

My husband and I are planning a romantic Chicago weekend for 1/23-1/25 (2 nights). The only finalized plan is that we have tickets to Wicked at the Oriental Theater. I think we are going to take the train up from South Bend, IN so we plan on just using cabs/walking Chicago.

I have always bid on Priceline and never have used Hotwire. I want a 4*+ hotel around (reasonable cab ride) the theater.

From Hotwire:

4.5-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area

Welcome to the site :)

My top suggestion would be the Amalfi for $127.18 via Orbitz (plus, take an additional 20% off using the promotional code 20HOTEL, making the total about $102 per night.) The Amalfi would offer breakfast and evening reception, as well as a good location.

In terms of the HOTWIRE listings, my main pick would be the possible Intercon or Conrad.

In terms of your HOTWIRE listings:

There are quite a few hotels in downtown Chicago that are perfectly fine hotels, but they are not what I would call romantic - they are purely business hotels, and while comfortable, don't have much personality (and/or are large, impersonal convention properties - see the Hyatt, which is a common win.) If you want romantic, I wouldn't try to get the Hyatt. If you want cheap, by all means try for the Hyatt on PRICELINE.

To me, the most "sure thing" would be the potential Conrad or Intercontinental, as both are very nice properties (The Intercontinental has the old world charm with new school touches and fascinating history; the Conrad is sleek and newer; both are essentially across from one another) with a pretty central location.

The fact that the Allerton is now a potential possibility for the 4* NMA would lead me to avoid it; while this certainly isn't the worst hotel, 3.5* was far more accurate (the hotel was recently upgraded.) Additionally, the Allerton is commonly cheap for a regular rate, making the HOTWIRE deals rarely that much of a deal.

The 4* Mag Mile/Streeterville would appear to be a possible match for the Hard Rock; the Sheraton also sometimes appears with these amenities.

4* Loop looks like the Burnham, but I'd rather pay $20 or so less for the potential Conrad or Intercon. I believe there's still the major construction project going on across from the Burnham.

Please use the site's links to HOTWIRE or Orbitz, and let us know how it goes/if you have any questions.

Thanks for all the help.

On your suggestion I booked the Amalfi Hotel. The total for the 2 nights was $246.93. That was with Orbitz's deal taking 25% off for staying 2 nights and then taking the 20% (before taxes & fees) from the coupon code 20HOTEL (which for anyone else reading this runs till 1/18).

Used your Orbitz link and am going to pass this site on to all my PRICELINE/deal loving family.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]