Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Downtown) Renaissance

vanclan
By vanclan,
in

I have two a 2 night stay in Amerisuites Hotel in FL on November 3 & 4 /04. There is no vacancy in Amerisuites for my final night Nov 5th. Only place we have found inventory for Amerisuites for that night is through valuetrips.com at $124.00 per night OUCH! If necessary I'd rather move than have to pay that for one night. Please advise a bidding strategy for Downtown, or if necessary Beach for that final night. Thanks for your help.

I'm doubtful this will be successful, but it's worth a try since you have some time on your hands before this stay.

With 2 re-bid zones in the area, this is what i would try:

3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown:

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

(see next post by me below)

As always feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually i thought i had edited it after i submitted it, but maybe it didn't take as i was on my laptop and overloading that old machine :)

You need to bid $5 higher than each bid above, so:

3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown:

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75.

Sorry 'bout that.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All bids placed through Savingsbarn.com

First time bidding....$60, added Miramar $65, added Pompano bid $71.00 all bids rejected.

72 hours later...

Bid 65.00 counter offer of 17.00

Added Miramar and bid 71.00 rejected

Added Pompano Beach and bid 75.00 ACCEPTED (still only $10.00 more than the original bid rather than the $17.00 counter offer.)

Hotel Received:

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale (upgraded to a 4*)

1617 Southeast 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale FL 33316

1 Room

1 Night

$75.00

Taxes and Service Fees 15.56

TOTAL PAID 90.56

Theuerare

I'm glad to have my final night established. the cost is less than the $124.00 for Amerisuites on Hotwire....that much difference does make a move worthwhile. I did consider trying hotwire FL beach for some of the hotels that were around 55.00-58.00 but had no idea what hotels they might be and how far they might be from Amerisuites. Looking at the map Renaissance is down 17th street from Amerisuites and there is a city bus right by the door-we shouldn't incur too much expense in the move and hopefully it will be quick and easy! Thanks again for your help...this site is awesome!

Glad to hear your plans are now firm and it has all worked out well for you.

I think you did a good job of working around the sold-out date and you'll also get to try two different hotels (the Renaissance is supposed to be great).

Thanks for the compliments regarding the site and enjoy your stay(s)!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]