Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC Airports (Airport LaGuardia LGA) Courtyard

jdtes
By jdtes,
in

I have an early-morning flight from LGA, so I decided to stay close to the airport for my last night. I would certainly rather pay $60 more to extend my stay at the Westin-Times Square for one more night...I can't believe $110 for a Courtyard is considered a bargain! But it is listed at $389 on Priceline and Marriott.com so I guess I should be more satisfied. Again, I was not part of this site when I bid but I will certainly use the PRICELINE link next time.

I initially bid $125 for a 3.5* (hoping to get the Marriott), but it was rejected so I then tried $100 (rejected) for a 3*. I then tried $110 and it was accepted.

John

Congratulations on your win!

The LaGuardia Airport area is one of those which the deals are 'hit or miss' (as is the quality of the hotels in the area :) ), and even then, are a bit higher than you might expect. I think i would have continued to lowball this bid this far ahead of your stay and hoped for lower rates closer to your check-in date, but there's also something to be said for peace of mind knowing that the lodging for this stay is done.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your advice. I was very tempted to wait and see if any better pricing developed in the future but, you are correct, it is nice to know that my flights and lodging are all arranged so I can focus on the many great activities available in NYC. Thanks again and, especially, for this great site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]