Hotwire Hotel: Need help IDing 3* French Quarter please

wendiymca
By wendiymca,
in

The two you mention above would be the likely candidates, but if i can offer a suggestion...

New Orleans is very condensed and many zones border other zones (ie- the downtown zone is on one side of Canal and the French Quarter on the other side) so i would also be searching the Downtown zone (and even the Convention Center zone) as you may find something there nice, cheaper, and still very convenient to the Quarter. Of course you know your plans better than we do, but if you don't need to be directly in the French Quarter, i would look outside it as you'll likely find a better value.

For example, what i believe to be the Le Pavillon appears to be available for under $60/nite... it's not directly in the Quarter, but a close enough distance to walk (always be aware of your surrounds in New Orleans), and is one of the top rated hotels in New Orleans.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip. I did another search, and what I forgot to mention is that I am searching for 2 rooms. The offer you mentioned isn't showing up for me.

My biggest (and really only) concern with booking outside of the quarter is that we want the hotel to be in walking distance. I'm trying to map the hotels w/ my mapping program, but it's still somewhat difficult. If we stay in the downtown zone, is it a reasonable walking distance to the quarter?

TLA,

Wendi

I made a mistake in the price above... there is a 4.5* in the Downtown zone for $75/nite (still higher rated and less expensive than what you were considering directly in the Quarter), which also appears when you search for 2rooms/4adults... are you searching for more than quad occupancy?

Some of the hotels are further than others, but taking for example the Le Pavillon mentioned above, using GoogleMaps of that hotel to, say the corner of Bourbon and Canal (what i consider to be a 'major' entrance to the Quarter) is a 2 minute walk (as per Google).

Let us know how many total occupants you're searching for to fill the 2 rooms (will each room have more than double occupancy) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For triple occupancy what is believed to be the Le Pavillon Hotel (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) comes up at $99/nite... 4.5* rated by HOTWIRE and in the top 5 of user rated hotels in New Orleans (with a 4.5/5.0 rating which is excellent). You can doublecheck the location and distance from the Quarter to see if this will work for your needs... is this something you'd be interested in?

For $59 what appears to be either the Hilton St Charles or the InterContinental is offered, and while not as highly rated as the Le Pavillon, it's less money and should still be easily walkable to the Quarter in a few minutes.

Do either of these interest you?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]