Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (Airport MIA) InterContinental West

Vince Smiley
By Vince Smiley,
in

This is a match for the Mercury Resort and Spa so that would be our best guess.

The reviews are 'love it or hate it', but with a 2.5/5.0 TA rating you may want to continue your search, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply. It is something to consider. I will use one of your links when I do book a hotel. Right now I have MIA Hilton as backup with my AAA discount. I am flying into PIB and will have a rental car for 7 days. The plan was to drive and stay 2 days in Miami and then do a 4 day cruise. After cruise I need to return to PIB for return flight and will stay there for 1 day. So parking my rental car for four days while on cruise is also a consideration.

Florida i s a unique situation in that many one-way rentals don't incur a drop-off fee, so two one way rentals (one before the cruise and one after the cruise) may be beneficial... although you will lose your "one week rental" status.

You can use our Car Rental Rate Checker to assist in your search.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

Update:

I bought (4* Inter-Continental West (2505 NW 87th Ave) instead. I do not remember what I paid for sure, it was about $90/day? Although it was 4*, I was not that impressed, I guess I am more of a 3* guy. That was for 10/04 check-in and 10/06 check-out.

After my short cruise I got a room 1 night @ West Palm Beach (Airport PBI) Hilton. I highly recommend this hotel. That was Friday 10/10/08. They had a nice bar outside by the pool, ordering pizza from the hotel Restaurant and having it brought to the bar wasn't too pricey and they had a good drink special. Airport PBI Hilton was much more fun than Airport MIA Inter-Continental West.

I bought (4* Inter-Continental West (2505 NW 87th Ave) instead.
Was this on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE? If the former you can probably still see the details of your purchase (including price paid) by going to the MY PROFILE>>MY TRIPS section of PRICELINE use the MY PROFILE link near the top of their home page. If you used HOTWIRE the information may still be viewable (including the amenities shown before your purchase) if you go to the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.
After my short cruise I got a room 1 night @ West Palm Beach (Airport PBI) Hilton.
Nobody will know to look in this thread to find information regarding a Palm Beach purchase... please post the details of this purchase as a NEW TOPIC.

Please remember to post your wins to the board as you receive them as the information can be most useful to others, all the details of your purchase are still avaialble, and your future posts will be answered quicker by not having to follow-up previous thread.

This is what HOTWIRE has listed for InterContinental Miami Airport West when I go to my profile.

4-star hotel in Miami Intl Airport MIA

Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Children's Activity Program

InterContinental Miami Airport West

2505 N.W. 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33172

(305) 468-1400

Here is price paid:

Hotel rate per night: $82.00

Nights: 2

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $164.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $27.81

Total price: $191.81

I can not find my West Palm Beach reservation in either Hotwire or Priceline, I am sure I used Hotwire, but it is not in my profile.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]