Priceline Hotel: Need Help MTE or MTW 4* for 10/11

CBC373
By CBC373,
in

Before suggesting a strategy for just those two zones, is there a reason you're not including the other midtown zones? (CPS, TS, and/or ESB) Midtown NYC is fairly compact and mass transit fairly inexpensive and readily available, that most midtown zones work out well for the average visitor (unless you're trying to avoid a particular 4* hotel in one of the other zones)

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Start with a our link to PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB and re-bid zone5...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB and re-bid zone6...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200

Any quesitons feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried bidding it from $125 all the way to $270 and still no luck. Is there any special event on the weekend of Oct 11?
Nothing that i'm aware of, but there is always something going on in NYC, but the fact that you are looking for a sole Saturday nite of a 3 day holiday weekend could be a factor (some hotels may be looking for a minimum stay requirement)
If I wait out, what do you think are my chances of landing a winning bid for said night?
Nobody can say, but if you haven't seen it already there is a related "bid early or close to arrival" thread in our PRICELINE FAQ (and an excellent recent post written by a hotel mananger).

If you do choose to wait i would certainly recommend booking a refundable reservation in order to protect yoursefl from rates rising (Quickbook is an excellent source as most of their reservations are cancellable up until a few days before your arrival (6 Columbus Circle for $305 / Beekman Tower for $299 (careful, two listings for this property and one is refundable the other is not)... also try GTA Hotels and our BetterChecker)

Have you booked any of the hotels two posts above as a back-up?

6 Columbus Circle is considered a 4* hotel so i'm not sure why you would bid hgher than the Quickbook price when bidding on PRICELINE? :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Quickbook link if you go that route)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]