Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

Gaby
By Gaby,
in

Hi, I'm a newbie. I've been reading the threads for hotel bidding in NYC and although they are great I have not had any luck on winning. I've been trying for the last 4 days up to $200 and no luick. I don't know, maybe its too soon. I'm driving into NYC on 7/11-7/16 with my husband and 2 kids, 3 and 5. Our 1st choice is to stay in times square since we don't want to walk alot (2 kids). Our budget is a $200 max per night. We will be taking 2 umbrella strollers, so I suppose other areas are acceptable:

Times Square

East, west side

Central Park

Midtown

Any strategy ideas would be much appreciated. Thank You!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few things to cover...

I assume you're only bidding for one room? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. Many hotels in NYC only have rooms with one bed and possibly no room for a rollaway, are you willing to take this risk? (if not, HOTWIRE is an option as they enable you to search for up to quad occupancy)

Not sure what you intend on doing if you're not interested in walking, as you will (and should expect to) walk a LOT in NYC. How do you plan on getting around the city?

As well, i'd re-think your thoughts regarding wanting to stay right in the heart of Times Square. Besides our thoughts here on Hotels in Times Square, the streets in this area are often very crowded, and not the easiest place to manouver with two umbrella strollers.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/comments regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm following up on our NYC stay...

We stayed at the Hudson Hotel on 58th and 9th ave. Bid on Priceline.com. Won at $150 per night for 5 nights in mid july 2008. Although the room I won only had 1 queen size bed and we were 4, I called the day after I won and they upgraded me to a double room for free. It is a Great hotel. Very Modern. The restaurant was delicious. My kids loved the baked macaroni. The location was good. about 15 minute walk to Times square. I had 2 strollers until 1 broke, so my 3 year old used the good one and my 5 yr. old walked, surprisingly she was fine and didn't complain at all. We did use taxis a few times.

Thanks for the report.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins as your receive them as it helps other users who have stays during the same timeframe.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]