Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Millenium Broadway

Rossi
By Rossi,
in

Hi

I've been reading the posts on special events that are going on in october like the UN meeting and the Marathon, we are planning to go to NY the weekend of 10-3 to 10-5. Are there any events going on at that time that would affect the supply of rooms?

Also we want to stay at a 3-4* hotel in Manhattan, any strategies?

Thank you,

Rossi

Offhand i don't know of any events in particular, but this is a notoriously expensive time period for NYC and you should probably expect high prices nonetheless.

What is your expected budget for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking your budget is probably too low for these dates, but it's always possible to find an "outlyer" hotel which has rates lower than the rest of the pack.

For example, there is one 4* hotel in the Central Park area for $239/nite (best guess is that this is the Empire Hotel)... so this would make it seem feasible that you'd have a chance at a hotel on PRICELINE for under $200/nite. However, the Empire Hotle has not yet been reported to the board so for now it has to be assumed that they dont' participate with PRICELINE, so in looking at the rest of the HOTWIRE offerings all the 3* and higher hotels in Manhattan are $300+, making the chance of a $150-$200 win low.

If yout want to give it a try, which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thank you very much for your reply :)

I guess it is worth the try to see if we can get something this low :)

With regards to the zones we are not really picky as long as it is in Manhattan...so out of the Priceline zones in NY I would rule out Brooklyn and Ling Island City....so zones 2 , 3 , 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12

Thanks again.

Rossi

Hi Again,

I just saw on another post that it is easier for the board to have the actual names of the zones, so here they are :)

Central Park South

Chelsea Area

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

Empire State Building Area

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown East

Midtown West

Times Square - Theatre District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Thanks again

Rossi

It's not clear above... did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit and then, if rejected, try for a 3*... or is your goal the least expensive 3* or better hotel in any of the above zones?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown and re-bid zone5...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown and re-bid zone6...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected let us know and we'll revise to try for a 3 star.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok I tried the following and I just got my hotel :)

I added one area at the time with increments if $10 in each addition, selecting the 4* options

Central Park South

Chelsea Area

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

Empire State Building Area

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown East

Midtown West

Times Square - Theatre District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Hotel Name: Millennium Broadway Hotel

145 West 44th Street

New York, New York 10036-4012

212-768-4400

for 2 rooms $225 p/night per room

Check-In Date: Friday, October 3, 2008

Check-Out Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008

I read on trip advisor that this hotel has some renovated rooms which are the ones on their website, and some rundown old rooms which certainly look not 4* at all....

I am planning to request the renovated rooms upfront to make sure we don't get stuck with the bad ones

Thanks again for all your help ,

Rossi

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to hear you were successful... hopefully you're happy with the results and you'll be happy with the room you receive.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]