Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Columbus (Dublin) Courtyard

bikeguy
By bikeguy,
in

Started at $35 and went up $3 increments using free rebid zones. At $38, was offered a room for $11 more. At $41, was offered a room for $12 more!!! I could have gone to $1 or $2 increments, as I had enough combos to get to $53, which is above the $49 originally offered by PL. I only realized this afterward.

Congratulations on your win!

With hotel direct rates for this property going for over twice as much, i wouldn't worry too much about any potential $1-$2 overbid... more importantly focus your attention on the half price deal :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm really pleased with the property and the price. Although I do have a fondness for Hyatt Places and their plasma TVs, which has been reported in the Dublin region.

I'm not worried about the "overbid" of anywhere between 0 and 4 dollars.

That comment was more educational for others reading this thread so they can be exposed to the concept BEFORE the bidding is over, rather than have the thought occur afterward, like it did for me. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]