Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

blebowski
By blebowski,
in

Started bidding at $75. Was unsuccesful. Added free re-bid and was accepted at $90.

Very busy Labour Day weekend...Unsuccessful bids up to $175 for Friday & Saturday.

We will be spending first part of the weekend at the Candlewood (non-PRICELINE)...

Does anyone know if metered parking is free and is safe on Sundays in Jersey City around the Hyatt?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your win!

Parking is relatively safe, but the italics since the area has some of the highest car theft rate in NJ (if not the country). It's an easy ride from Newark to Jersey City/Hoboken (which have a lot of nice cars parked on the street) to 'take' a car. So simply based upon the odds the chances of something happening are low... but with that said, i'd imagine there are multiple cars stolen each nite (i had a car stolen from the area ~15 years ago, so perhaps a little biased). Bottomline is that if you drive a very nice car, or are concerned about your car, spend the money for the piece of mind and park in a lot/garage.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and also note, as per our support page, that we're an affiliate of the Canddlewood Suites)

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i have stayed at the Hyatt twice in the last year. There is a row of parking near the hotel and if you are lucky enough to get a spot it is very convenient . It is free after 5pm on Sat and all day Sunday. You need to move by 9am Monday I think. There are other places in the neighborhood that are free as well-read the signs carefully!! I had no problems there at all but I do drive a minivan so possibly a less desirable car for theft....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]