Priceline Hotel: 3* Virginia Beach (Downtown Portsmouth) Renaissance Portsmouth Norfolk

austroamericandad
By austroamericandad,
in

Tried to get something in the Norfolk - Portsmouth area with more bidding options than in Williamsburg. Started at $45, worked in $2 steps - at $53 it asked me for a +15 ... I then went into Williamsburg, but with just 2 choices, I was not lucky there (tried 45, 47,49 for the 2 1/2*) ... then back again to Norfolk - went further up ... as the time advanced after midnight, it seems like the rates change ... not screen refreshs any more for next higher bids ($55, $57) before the "we are sorry ..." then at $59 the +17 question ... ignored and got it with $63 ...

Did anybody make the experience, that prices change from one-day-in-advance to same-day reservation in terms of being higher? It seemed to me, that rates that were checked before midnight were not available any more after the time advaced after 12am ...

Anyway - I think we made a good deal - the room would sell for $199 ...

Of coures I used the PRICELINE link from here :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]