Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millenium Broadway

nidachti
By nidachti,
in

I was able to find a 4 1/2 star hotel located midtown south. There were three items, I can't remember which. Any thoughts?

Currently there is also a 4-star hotel in Midtown East with a fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet and spa. This should be easy to figure out. Does anyone know the hotel? It is going for $332 a night. (Which seems very high... but I hear there are a lot of Europeans in New York this summer.)

I am looking for two rooms for Aug 16 and 17 and I absolutely need two big beds in each room (or a king and a roll-away), but the rooms do not need to be connecting. Honestly, my ideal location would be Central Park South since we will be taking a cruise from New York on Monday... but I'm flexible. The only neighborhood that is out of the question is the way east side. Is that big hotel near the UN still a contender or am I way out of date? I would love everyone's input about how to maximize HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. In my perfect world, I would wind up with a 4 star (or higher) hotel for under $250.oo for each room. Is this realistic for August?

I am going to be in New York on Aug 16-18 and want to stay in midtown or near Central Park South in a 4 star (or higher) hotel. The hotels on hotwire are all over $300 a night for the nights in question. Does anyone have any advice for me with respect to Priceline? I have only used the site once for NYC and wound up with the Barclay (which I loved after I upgraded the room with the hotel at an additional price). For this trip I do not want to spend more than $250.oo a night.

Aug. 17

4 1/2 stars Midtown Central - $466.00 - Fitness Center, Restaurant, High Speed Internet

4 stars - Central Park area $302.00 - Boutique, Fitness Center, Restaurant, High Speed Internet

4 stars - Midtown East- $214.00- Tennis, Restaurant, Fitness Center, High Speed Internet, Business Center

I am going to be in New York on Aug 16-18 and want to stay in midtown or near Central Park South in a 4 star (or higher) hotel. The hotels on hotwire are all over $300 a night for the nights in question. Does anyone have any advice for me with respect to Priceline? I have only used the site once for NYC and wound up with the Barclay (which I loved after I upgraded the room with the hotel at an additional price). For this trip I do not want to spend more than $250.oo a night. Is this even doable?

I absolutely need two big beds in each room (or a king and a roll-away)

Exactly what is the make-up of your group (number of adults/children total). Are you including the true number on your HOTWIRE search?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Exactly what is the make-up of your group (number of adults/children total). Are you including the true number on your HOTWIRE search?

I am not completely sure of my correct number. I have searched it for two and for three. We are probably going to be two adults and a child. I have some flexibility since I have family in the city. Interestingly, on Saturday night the hotels that come up for two and three are not the same and are less expensive for three guests than for two. I assume this is because the chain hotels are giving Priceline cheaper rates. (I could be completely wrong about this.) I have also tried splitting the days and have learned that though I get nothing at all for a party of 3, if I put in two adults, I get many, many hotels at lower prices than I do for Saturday. This is completely counter intuitive, but perhaps it reflects all the Europeans in the city in August. Do you have any suggestions for me?

I'm not sure what you mean by splitting the bid. We are a family, so I have to bid on both rooms at the same time. But if you are asking whether I would be willing to split the days... different hotel each night, the answer is yes, if I have to. At the moment there is availability for Sunday 8/17 for 3 guests at a 4 star in Midtown Central. It's a no smoking hotel with a fitness room, restaurant, business center and high speed internet. There is nothing for Saturday, 8/16 for a group of three. I take it that if I only put in two guests, I'm likely to get stuck with a king bedded room Am I correct about this?

I would appreciate any help you can give me with bidding.

Splitting the bid, as mentioned under the link offered in the post, is when a bidder splits their stay between two hotels in an attempt to get a better overall average price. This is traditionally used in NYC, largely because hotels there are so busy that you may have better luck with low rates if you try to spread your stay out.

NYC rooms are traditionally VERY, VERY small and some hotels do not have two bed rooms. If you put 2 people, you're likely going to get stuck with 1 bed, and a king is not guaranteed - might be a queen. If you put in more than 2 people you will get bedding for all of those in your party, and that might mean 1 bed + 1 sofabed - it doesn't necessarily mean two beds, it means some sort of bedding for your entire party.

Thanks so much for the clarification. Given hat we really are 3 people, I guess I had better not fool around with putting in 2 because you make it sound as if I will almost certainly be stuck with having to pay for an upgrade when I get to the hotel. Do you think that I am better off to stick with HOTWIRE rather than priceline in NYC for this reason? Also, when is the best time to bid for next weekend?

BTW, I have no problem with splitting the bid.

If you are flexible on the bedding and don't mind *potentially* (especially with New York City and the small rooms, which are often 1 bed), PRICELINE is an option and you may end up paying somewhat less than Hotwire.

If you absolutely, positively cannot take a room with 1 bed in it, then HOTWIRE is your only bet.

Do not try to "time" purchasing rooms in New York City. If you see a deal that you find appealing, take it. I've helped too many people try to find rooms in major cities who tried to "time" their purchase, only to find that rates have jumped in the meantime while they were waiting or the "deals" they saw were simply gone.

I'm not seeing anything on HOTWIRE on these dates when looking for 2 adults/1 child, which is a reflection of the lack of 2 bed rooms available in general and especially offered by the service on these dates, which appear to me to be above-average in terms of traffic.

So i know what is possible, and forgive me if it's included above but i couldn't seem to find the info on a quick run thru of the thread... you're bidding on two rooms, but how many total adults and chlidren will there be?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear. I am so glad that you are back to help.

Technically there are four adults and one child. Two parents (who are happy to share a bed), two teenagers (who would rather die than share a bed), and one tall 12 year-old child. So I we need one room with two beds and another with either have two big beds or a king and a roll a-way. I am resigned to split the bid if I have to.

How about the Beekman Tower thru Quickbook for $248/nite (Standard 1BR suite)... there is one bed in the bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room. The property used to be owned by the Affinia Group and reviews were better, but they're still 'ok' (read reviews). The hotel is a little bid east (10+ minute walk to the subway) but you won't have to change hotels during your stay.

If the above doesn't work, for Sunday nite you could get what i believe to be the Sheraton New York (mixed reviews) for ~$250/nite per room OR if staying in Jersey City is an option (10 minute train to Downtown Manhattan) you could get a hotel there on Sunday for ~$120/nite and then use some of the money saved to spend more for the hotel on Saturday nite.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Quickbook link if you go that route)

Let us kwow your thoughts and/or what you decide to do.

Can you please include the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

I'll bite... why are you miserable with this purchase?

I booked using the HOTWIRE link from this site.

The Millenium Times Square was listed as having the following ammenaties:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

I was hoping for the Westin because I knew they had availablity for the night before and I thought I could purchase it separately theyby avoiding splitting my stay and justifying the high price for the first night. It was a gamble, I know. Now I have to find a four star bargain for 8/16 for three people which isn't going to be easy.

Does availability ever open up as you get closer to the date or am I cooked?

The amenities above don't match what has previously been reported for the Westin so that should have been the first tip-off that this was not likely the Westin that you were purchasing.

Inventory changes all the time, but you should doublecheck the amenities before your purchase make sure they match previously reports exactly (or have the board confirm what you believe you're seeing)

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

You are absolutely right. How stupid of me. Westin has a spa, Millenium does not. I goofed.

I have another question, I called the hotel to make sure that I would get rooms with two beds since I reserved for two parties of 3 and they said they couldn't guarantee it. Aren't they under a contractual obligation to provide me with enough beds for three people in a room since that is what I booked?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]