Hotwire Hotel: 3* Miami (Beach) Sixty Six

Nat22
By Nat22,
in

Hello,

... and it is my very first post here, I am not sure I am in the right forum, but I need help. I don't know if it is important, I don't live in the US.

I never used Priceline or Hotwire before for a hotel. Only Priceline once for a car and it has been a very good experience, and Hotwire for a trip and... hmmm.... probably I didn't know what to do, I got the same price as with another site, and awful flight departure and arrival times.

This time, I want to go to Miami (need to), that I don't know at all. The hotels' prices are so abusive that I thought about a bid. But I am afraid.... I want to be in a alive area since I am alone, but certainly not in a 24h-party scene. I would like some action during the day but quietness at night.

I have been told Coral Gables, but all the sites say "Coconut Grove" and it seems it is a very hot -and unsecure- area. I also want a fridge and a microwave in my room, I can't consider going to the restaurant or bars all the time. I don't need the beach, since I won't have time to go, but a swimming pool would be welcome. I will rent a car (third step, the first one was the flight), so a free parking lot is a requisit (unless there is a free one around).

Anyone can give me an idea about how to proceed? Is there a difference and in what between Priceline and Hotwire?

I will be very grateful for all advice. Thank you very much for keeping this site running.

PS I will be there July 16-21, so it is kind of urgent, I have many other things to plan.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is there a difference and in what between Priceline and Hotwire?
Start here: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire
I have been told Coral Gables, but all the sites say "Coconut Grove" and it seems it is a very hot -and unsecure- area. I also want a fridge and a microwave in my room, I can't consider going to the restaurant or bars all the time. I don't need the beach, since I won't have time to go, but a swimming pool would be welcome. I will rent a car (third step, the first one was the flight), so a free parking lot is a requisit (unless there is a free one around).
Since you you need to be in Miami but won't have time to go to the beach, why not stay in close proximity to the reason you're going to Miami for in the first place. Since it seems you will be busy, stay close to where you need to be.

If you need a fridget and microwave in your room, then PRICELINE is not likely the best option, since there is no way to guarantee these amenities in your room. HOTWIRE may be an option if you can find a hotel which offers the 'kitchenette' icon, which would indicate the room contains the following:

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

What is your budget (per nite before taxes and fees). If you search HOTWIRE, do you see any hotels offered with the Kitchenette icon within your budget and at a minimum star rating that you desire?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I willl need to go to the hospital and shopping, but that will take me one day, maybe two if I go to Sawgrass. I feel I want to MAKE time for the beach or at least to wander around.

I chatted this morning with a girl at Miamibeach411, she recommended me the howard johnson Dezerland Beach & Spa, but I have read bad reviews. So who knows.... Reviews depends on the expectations of each one. I have a better idea about Miami thoough, and I think I am going to go with HOTWIRE, I have seen one with kitchen at $79 for 3*. My budget was <100, but it depends on what is included (if I have to pay $30 for a parking, it is not the same price). Of course I will use your link.

Hello,

I had no time yet to lean on this problem. I have too many windows open (checking on everything I have to do in Florida), I can't reboot and reboot. Will do it when things calm dowm, I am sorry.

I just see a 3* on Miami Beach with kitchenette, at 72 on HOTWIRE. Is it the Sixty Sixty again -cheaper? Or what else?

Is kitchenette the only icon showing or is the same icons as listed in your original post but just the price has changed?

They are all there:

Near Beach

Property is located within easy walking distance

of a beach.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Kitchenette

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

It also says there is a 3* TA reviews

I was about to book (through Bookit) at the Marco Polo Beach Resort, I have seen very bad reviews, but for this one also.

What do you think?

Thanks

:) WON!!! It is the Sixty Sixty. I booked it, and I received the confirmation email. Hopefully the constructions won't be too noisy. Unfortunately, for the reasons you know, I couldn't do it through Betterbidding, but I will rent a car with Priceline with you. And as soon as I have everything organized, I will follow your advice to solve the problem. However, I have seen that other posters have had the same one.

But I sweated, they say a debit card cannot be accepted, that's what I have. So FOR NEXT TIME, can you tell me how to turn around this issue? I already had the same for a car rental, it worked out , but maybe some day it won't. So I would like to know before. Thanks a lot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]