Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Florida Keys (Key West) Inn at Key West

mtry1
By mtry1,
in

please add inn at key west to your 3.5 star rating. I got this property on Thursday june 12. tripadvisor rating was advertised on hotwire as out of 120+reviews,last review may. I expected La Concha Crowne. Actual tripadvisor reviews were 117 last review June. I tried to argue this with hotwire and they stuck to "we keep our hotels secret until you buy" This hotel was WAY out of the way, on Roosevelt. We were dissappointed and upset that they wouldnt budge even though listing was inaccurate. This is just to warn whomever bids on 3.5 star in Key West you may get this hotel.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear you weren't happy with the results.

It's not clear from your post, did you make your purchase on 6/12 or was your stay on 6/12? Also, can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We were dissappointed and upset that they wouldnt budge even though listing was inaccurate.
The Key West zone covers just about the entire island, including this hotel, so what was it that you found innaccurate about their offering?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- can you please also follow-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... as it stands now that thread has no conclusion and current/future users are left wondering whatever was ultimately done for that stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The ammenities were correct but the tripadvisor rating was off. Based on 120+ reviews- last review may. But in actuality tripadvisor only had 117 reviews- last review june. In may they could have only had 116 reviews which is not near 120+ reviews. I have not seen more reviews advertised than there really are. This was decieving as I look for these to assist in pinpointing a property. Based on this I thought I had a legitimate argument and the person who answered the phone was willing to cancel but then asked the supervisor who would not budge. Well anyway now you know to add this hotel. The hotel was fine but experience left a bad taste in our mouths. Is this common for hotwire to OVER state how many reviews are representing their listing??

Inn at Key West -Reserved June 12 stayed June 12 also.

Smoke Free Rooms

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Thanks for the follow-up...

The TA information should only be used as a secondary indicator as there are a few instances where the information is slightly off (which is how i would describe the difference above). I think there are some reviews that only appear on certain parts of the TA site, or a post is removed but the 'counter' doesn't descrease, and this could account for the difference when there are a few 'missing' reviews relative to what HOTWIRE claims there is.

A better indicator of the property is the amenities shown before your purchase, and as per the Hotwire Hotel List the amenities of this property don't match those of the La Concha, so that would have been a first tip-off that this wasn't likely the La Concha.

If you are unsure of a property that you're being offered feel free to ask for help and we'll try to help (or confirm that we think it's the same property you believe)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- what was the price paid (before fees and taxes) so that we can add this information to the topic title, thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I think the price paid was $138 or $139 before taxes and fees. I just looked now, on Inn at Key West site and a standard room is only going for $135. It may have been slightly higher that week as it was "Pride" week in Key West. Thanks for the incite on TA

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]