Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (West Mifflin-West Homestead) Springhill Suites

drizz1129
By drizz1129,
in

I am trying to book a 2.5* In the west mifflin / homestead area for July 3- July 6 and am having troubles. I started at 45 and went up to 50 but nothing took. I also included the downtown area even though I don't really want to stay there. Any help on how to secure a win there would be appreciated! I have a reservation for the Extended Stay America in West Mifflin for 75 a night so I dont really want to spend more than 50 a night on PRICELINE... I was hoping to get the Holiday inn express or springhill suites but really any hotel in west mifflin will suffice. Any ideas???

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You're trying to get a lower price and upgrade the quality of your hotel at the same time, which is often do-able, but not always.

I think you'd have better success if your goal is to try to beat the rate you have for a 2 star property OR try to upgrade the quality of your hotel for a similar price as your 2* back-up.

I do think you'll be successful at a higher rated hotel for less than $70. As well, HOTWIRE has a 3* property (likely a 2.5* on PRICELINE) for $69/nite.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has not yet been identified, but i'd imagine it's at least a half a step above the ESA.

There is also the Comfort Suites West Mifflin for $80/nite which i think would be a nice upgrade from the ESA if you're willing to spend a few more dollars... but i think the best course of action is either bidding on PRICELINE a little higher than you have for a 2.5* property or taking the HOTWIRE hotel above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the help! I did have success finally! I tried again bidding for a hotel in west mifflin, this time starting at 45 for a 2.5* which was denied and then tried including 2*. Raised my bid up to 48 and it was accepted!! I got the Springhill Suites which is exactly what I was hoping for! I still don't really understand why yesterday my 50 dollar bid for a 2.5 in west mifflin and downtown was not accepted but oh well, I am happy!!

Thanks for all your help! I will continue to use your links to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE for future bids!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you had your bid accepted and in the zone, and at the price, you wanted. The most likely scenario as to why your bid was accepted today, but not yesterday, is that the hotel adjusted (downward) the rate they were willing to accept for these dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]