Priceline Hotel: New York in October 8-11

megamike
By megamike,
in

Traveling to New York City on October 8th and ideally would like to stay in the Central Park south area. In doing the bidding I am getting turned down for bids up to 170 in the Central Park South, and other also other areas around Central Park south, all are being rejected. Am I bidding WAY to low and/or WAY to early?

Thanks

Am I bidding WAY to low and/or WAY to early?

Likely both :)

Is this just a one nite stay? Which other zones besides CPS did you include in your bidding?

Let us know the above and we'll have a close look at your stay and comment further.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the quick reply

I thought I was too soon to stat bidding and I am getting the idea that an affordable hotel may be unattainable

Last year I stayed at the Hudson Hotel and tho the rooms were tiny the location of the hotel is awesome

(I believer I gat the room for 135.00 thur PRICELINE)

With regard to the areas that I clicked they included

Empire State Building Area

Midtown West

Upper West Side

Thank you for your suggestios and guidance

This is just a one nite stay?

Was your stay last year in October?

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Did you intentionally not include Times Square in your bidding? What is the best price you're currently able to find for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am staying three nights October 8, 9 and 10th

and I did want to stay away from Times Square as I found that area overly crowded and am not attending any plays

BUT I will include it on my next attempt

my last stay was in September of 07 at the Hudson and got the price I wanted on Priceline

This round the last few days I did not bid over 170 a night at any of my trys at Priceline

because I thought that I was bidding too soon (June) for an October stay and if i waited I might get a better shot at 130 to 160 a night

I will try again soon and include Times Square

I am hoping that I can get something not over 150 a night as that is the tipping point of my budget

Thanks again

I am hoping that I can get something not over 150 a night

Historically this would be a bit of a strech for a 4* hotel, but the hotel market does appear to be weakening a bit along with the economy (although NYC and some other areas seem to be doing better than others with non-US visitors coming with the weak dollar) so hopefully prices will come down for you.

What is the best rate you've been able to find for a 4* hotel for these dates? Do you have a back-up plan if you're unsuccessful with PRICELINE?

I would try to find a cancellable back-up to protect yourself from rates rising, and at the very least, figure our your best deal outside of the opaque suppliers... this way if you get a counter-offer on your PRICELINE bidding, or you see something appear on HOTWIRE, just above your current maximum budget, you'll have a better idea if it's a good deal or not and can act accordingly.

Quickbook is often a good source for refundable reservations.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]