Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Gurnee-Waukegan-Libertyville) La Quinta Inn

sugarbeansmom
By sugarbeansmom,
in

howdy... I'm new to Hotwire... I used to use PRICELINE a lot years ago... planning a trip to Chicago this summer... searched on HOTWIRE for the Gurnee area... it's listing a 2.5 star hotel with these ammenities: complimentary breakfast, pool, laundry, hi-speed internet, and golf nearby. The rate is $49 a night, which is much lower than what I'm finding anywhere else on the web.

Any idea what hotel this could be? Should I dig into PRICELINE as well? I'm not extremely picky, but I don't want to be in a dump either.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you're interested in having a guess as to the property before you make your purchase than HOTWIRE is a better option... if price is the most importan, you can usually save a little more with PRICELINE.

Let us know the date(s) of your stay, and how you'd like to proceed, and we'll advise accordingly... or ask any additional questions you may have.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks so much.. I think for this trip, I'd feel more comfortable with Hotwire, where I can see the hotel does have a pool (the most important part of the trip for my 5 yr old!)...

We're looking at being in Gurnee July 21 - 23, so 2 nights.

I just rechecked hotwire and it's still coming up as 2.5 stars with the ammenities listed in my first post.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the property above has not yet been identified.

If i were to take a guess i'd think the Holiday Inn Express and/or La Quinta would be a likely candidate among the possibilities.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help and information. I decided to go for it.

It is the LaQuinta Inn Gurnee

5688 N. Ridge Road

Gurnee, Illinois 60031

1 room(s): $49.00 per night x 2 night(s)

SubTotal:$98.00

Tax recovery charge and fees: $16.76

Total: $114.76

I'm not sure how to edit my first post to change the subject line, but this again was a 2.5* hotel with these ammenities: complimentary breakfast, pool, laundry, hi-speed internet, and golf nearby.

Thanks again!

I also need a hotel for one night in Joliet, so will open up a new post for that inquiry.

:)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it was one of the two hotels we had guessed, so hopefully the results didn't take you by total surprise.

We'll edit the topic title accordingly and also add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List... thanks for sharing and enabling us to do so.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for the help with this. Our stay in Gurnee, IL was great. The LaQuinta Inn was very nice. Check-in went fine - we were booked in a king room, but they were able to change us to a double room without any problems. The staff was friendly & helpful with directions, train information, etc. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good too -- make your own waffles, plus cereal, bagels, toast, juices, and fruit. The pool was a nice size, but not too deep, which was good for my kiddos. They also had a whirlpool/spa as well.

The hotel is right off the highway on a frontage road with other hotels, and several restaurants. It's also within about 2 blocks of the entrance to Six Flags Great America. The Waukegan train station was about 15min. drive.

overall, this was a great stay & an even better price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone else needing a great place to stop for a few nights.

Linda :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]