Priceline Hotel: Mid Town locations 5/23 to 5/26 Memorial Day Weekend

snowblind40
By snowblind40,
in

Did you bid MTE, MTW, UM-CPS, MTS and Times Square?

The PRICELINE WIN W NEW YORK that you're refering to is for one nite longer than your stay. If you check rates at that property for their complete stay vs. your complete stay, you'll see that their nightly rate is slightly lower than yours, which could explain your bids being rejected even though you bid $5 more.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried again using the PRICELINE Link to help support the site and tried some of the bids that people who posted here tried...

i tried $125 in MTE and got rejected

so i tried $144 and added a rebid zone, and got rejected (recently someone got the Grand Hyatt at this price)

then i tried $151 and added a rebid zone, and got rejected (recently someone got this price for my exact dates at the grand hyatt!)

so then i tried $155 and i got this message...

WE ARE STILL WORKING ON YOUR REQUEST:

Thank you for your patience. We're still looking for a hotel room at your price and should have an answer for you within 15 minutes. Click on the button below to get your answer.

Check My Status

Click here to see a summary of your request. If you cannot access the status of your request after one hour, do not submit another request. Instead, call our automated information center toll-free at 1-800-657-9168.

then it was subsequently rejected... about 5 min later...

so now i am trying $160 with another rebid zone, and i still lose!

how come people are getting better deals for exactly the same dates?

how come people are getting better deals for exactly the same dates?
Hotels constantly add/remove/raise/lower rates based upon occupancy levels and how actual demand (reservations) are coming in relative to expected demand. As well, the number of rooms they offer is finite and not unlimited.

A hotel could offer 3 rooms at a $150 rate to the opaque suppliers and those rooms could be filled in a few hours or a day... future bids at those same winning bid amounts will ultimately be rejected (assuming no other property is offering rates at that price). Similarly, a hotel could have slightly low occupancy levels and therefore offers a deeply discounted rate to the opaque suppliers and a day later receives a phone call from a school (or some other organization) that needs a large block of rooms... this skews the supply/demand relationship and the hotel is now 'ahead' of it's expected occupancy for those dates, and therefore pulls the deeply discounted inventory from the opaque suppliers.

Either of the above scenarios only needs to occur for one nite of your three nite stay and will cause your bids to be rejected.

Are you only bidding MTE above? What is your maximum bid? (still $200? if so, are you willing to bid that high at this point in time) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Thank you for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since you're bidding all NYC zones, and not bidding up to your limit at this time, i assume budget is important?

If so, you may want to consider the 3.5* on HOTWIRE (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis) for $139/nite which is believed to be the Millenium Plaza at the UN. The hotel is a bit far east (but a better location than Downtown which you say you're also bidding so maybe the location won't bother you at all) but generally gets good reviews. While the subway is a 10-15 minute walk, there is a bus right near the hotel which will take you the subway or all the way across town.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]