Priceline Hotel: bidding help please...NYC 4* 5/30-6/1

baltimorejeep
By baltimorejeep,
in

Please forgive me; it has been a very long time since I have bid on anything or visited this site.

We (girlfriend & I) are looking for a 4* in UM-CPS or MW. However, while that is my preference, I suppose that we could consider staying in some of the other zones. But I am not a fan of staying in Times Square. We would like to stay 5/30-6/1 and would like to pay $175/night (with a limit of $200/night).

How should I structure my bidding? Are there any suggested backups?

Is there any additional information that I should provide? THanks in advance for all of your help!

it has been a very long time since I have bid on anything or visited this site

Nor did you ever follow-up your thread with what you did for that stay :) ... and as per the reply to that thread, there was antoher user who was looking to benefit from the information.

Do you recall what you did for that trip? Please follow-up that thread and then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is price or zone more important (would you prefer a 4* hotel in the UM-CPS or MTW zones or a less expensive hotel in another zone, say MTE).

Exactly which zone(s) (by PRICELINE name) are you willing to accept? Do you want to not include Times Square?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would say that price is more important. While my preference is in MTW or UM-CPS, I would staying in almost any zone (even Times Square), if the hotel is listed as 4*. My issue has been that I have stayed at some of the listed 3* hotels in the past and have found them to be very hit of miss. For example, I have stayed at one of the listed 3* in UM-CPS and found it to be much nicer than a 3* in MTW.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]