Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Hilton Towers

elpack
By elpack,
in

4-star hotel in Dupont Circle - Embassy Row

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby

$89/night

Check in: Fri, Apr 25, 2008

Check out: Tue, Apr 29, 2008

NOTE: My last trip was fantastic - stayed at Capital Hilton - it's on this board also - fantastic!!

3 * white house capitol hill

Fri, Apr 18, 2008 to Mon, Apr 21, 2008

$94.00 Hotwire

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

I keep waiting too long! The last good deal I found was gone for $85 and went to $116. This one is a day short of what I really wanted, but I can manage.

Is there any pattern of how long the very good deals last AND how far in advance do they first come up?

Is this in addition to or does this replace your 4/25-4/29 Hotwire Washington DC stay?

Please follow-up that thread with any progress you have made... if that trip has been cancelled then say so in a reply to the thread, if that is the offering that you refer to above which is no longer available then please post as such... ideally all threads should have some sort of 'conclusion' to them.

Once you have followed-up that thread bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's keep all posts for your trip to DC in the same thread so that we don't have multiple threads for each one, since it's possible that you could jump back and forth from one set of dates to the other and back again as the offers change.

I keep waiting too long! The last good deal I found was gone for $85 and went to $116
I don't know the identity fo the above HOTWIRE hotel, but $116 may still be a very good deal. Assuming it is the Hilton, while the reviews for this property are mixed, the best rate on the Hilton Website is $194/nite... so is $116 now considered a bad deal given that it's still 40% off? Just looking at star class alone (and nothing regarding these particular hotels) i'd sooner take a 4* property at $115 than a 3* property at $95... the difference in star rating is worth $20/nite to me.

PS- i don't see the 3* Boutique property offered on HOTWIRE anymore

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Yeah - I'd have to agree that the $116 isn't a bad deal at all - but I'm trying for the lowest possible rate I can get. My biggest concern isn't really the star rating or reviews -- it's the proximity to a Metro station. (though ratings and review come right after that). I think the boutique property may have been the Phoenix Park.

I'm going to keep looking and will post progress as I make it.

• 4 months later...

Was this purchased directly thru the hotel, PRICELINE, or HOTWIRE.

If HOTWIRE, what were the amenities shown before your purchase and the price paid? (still viewable by gonig to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page)

If PRICELINE, what was the amount of your winning bid?

Booked through Hotwire - either using HOTWIRE link from here or directly.

Listed Amenities: Fitness Center, pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby (6)

Hilton Washington and Towers 1919 Connecticut Avenue N.W.

1 room , 2 nights April 4 & 5, 2008, Rate of $89/night

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]