Priceline Hotel: 3* Paris Aiprorts (Orly) Hilton Orly Airport

CivicBlues
By CivicBlues,
in

I stayed at that Hilton in 2002. Unless it has been refurbished, I would not stay there again. Teeny, tiny room, dark, and bare. Additionally, if you want to go into Paris, it is not on the train/subway lines. You'll have to take the Orlybus or a taxi, and traffic can be outrageous for both. If there is no traffic, it's about 1/2 hour on the Orlybus into Place d'Italie.

getting back into Paris proper is of no concern, as it's on the return leg of our trip and it'll be 10pm arrival and 11am departure next morning.

How far from Orly is the Hilton? Is it on the grounds? Do they have a shuttle bus?

this might not be relevant anymore, but just out of curiosity, how much did you bid back in 2002?

The Hilton was right there at the airport- they did have a shuttle that took literally under 3 minutes to the terminal. (We took it to go have a drink one evening.) I don't know how much the hotel cost. My sister booked a comprehensive tour and the hotel was a part of the total package. I"m still miffed that they called this a Paris hotel! If you just need it for the night, I bet you'll get a much better price on this hotel than you will for one in Paris. 2002 prices cannot be compared- the dollar was at about $1 = 1.10 euro. Today it is $1 = 0.62 euro or so. EVERYTHING is so much more expensive if you are talking dollars. Alas, I am paid in dollars and living in a euro country! Thank goodness for sites like PRICELINE.

Okay got the Hilton Paris Orly Airport 3* for $96 for 06/27/2008-06/28/2008

Over 3 days of bidding:

started bid at $70, counteroffered $96

then bid $75, counteroffered $96 again

then bud $80, counteroffered $102 (technically they asked for $22 more)

went back to the $75 bid response email and took the $96 counteroffer :)

Can someone let me know if I did something wrong? Was the last counteroffer ($102) just to screw with me?

oh i remembered to use the PRICELINE links on the site this time :)

Congratulations on your win.

Looks to me that you did it right! :)

The counter-offer increased because PRICELINE would like to have you make a higher than is necessary bid... you did right by continuing to use re-bid zones to place your bid, then reverting back to the counter-offer.

Thanks for the post and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]