Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium-Loop-Grant Park) Swissotel

swimgeek
By swimgeek,
in

I am trying to get a 4* room in the NMA. Last May I was able to get the Wyndham for $80/night. Looking at some recent wins the Sheraton is $79 for the end of the week. I am looking at next week 3/18-3/21.

Here are my bids

$79 4* NMA

retried adding Midway kept 4 star and bid $85

extended stay to 3/22

4* NMA 87 rejected...

trying to decide if I should bid $90 or change to the loop. I saw some recent wins for $60.

Are my bids being rejected due to the 18th?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Mag Mile-Streeterville zone for $85/nite (best guess is the Swissotel)... would this work well for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and/or how it goes... if necessary we'll proceed from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I saw that on HOTWIRE. I was hoping to stay in NMA. I was figuring the loop would be a little farther by foot and taxi. Should I try to start my trip on Wed the 19th to see if I can get a better rate on PRICELINE. Am I being rejected, due to earlier in the week the price of the rooms are more, especially with st. patrick's day on Monday???

The Swissotel is 3-4 blocks from the South end of the NMA area. Really not that far a walk. If you've never been to Chicago, it's really quite walkable and there's plenty of public transit.

If you stayed at the Swissotel and wanted to cab to Michigan Ave, it's such a short ride it wouldn't even make sense.

If you don't want to stay at the Swissotel because you'd prefer a different hotel, that's fine. I disagree with not wanting it from the standpoint of location, though.

okay i won a bid on PRICELINE

Bid $60 on 4* Loop

rejected and said if I would be an additional $17 I would be able to bid again right away. Not sure if that is the best way to go, but I do want to get on with my life. So I agreed.

$77/night 3/18-3/21 @ Swisshotel :)

So that was better than the hotwire $87/night.

Any recommendations on transport to and from the airport to hotel. Last time I took the train. Would it be faster to take a shuttle?

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]