Priceline Hotel: Help needed for Sydney 4*/5* on 7th, 8th & 9th March 2008

Lemonhugger
By Lemonhugger,
in

I suspect Saturday 8 March may be your problem.

I suspect that there is something on in Sydney that night as a lot of the hotels (including 4* marriott) are showing no availability on one of the Australian sites where they tend to dump their excess capacity. (Although having said that I live in Sydney and dont know what it is).

I have been a regular bidder for sydney rooms (both 4* and 5*) and have never got anything other than the marriott. Nor have I read of anyone getting anything but the two marriotts. I've just checked the marriott site and the 8th has no availability for either the 4* or 5* city hotels - just the one out at North Ryde (which is some 20+ mins drive out of the city in the suburbs). So I think you will need to either consider moving hotels mid stay - or paying for another hotel (outside of priceline). At any rate the saturday night wont be cheap.

I've stayed in a fair number of the Sydney hotels, and am happy to give pointers re specifcs or relative merits of general locations or otherwise.

Many thanks for your input leeward. I did a quick check after I read ypour post and it seems you're quite correct about that Saturday night (8th March). There is very little availability! Thanks too for your offer of giving pointers regarding locations etc. Would normally take you up on the offer, except I now think I'll be staying with a friend of a friend (who I'm not a big fan of, but beggars can't be choosers!) in Glebe. Hope they don't read this! Thanks again.

Rates are date specific, so somebody elses win may or may not necessarily be relevant to your won stay.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Many thanks thereuare for your guidance on this. As leeward stated, it seems that the problem could have been Saturday night (8th March). In this case, splitting the bid would have been awkward with the middle night being the tricky one! Thrown in the towel for these dates and staying with a friend of a friend instead. However, I did secure one night in the Marriott on my return using Priceline and I am about to post that now, Thank you for all your help and advice and do keep up the good work.

P

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]