Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Radisson Worldgate

Blackmagic
By Blackmagic,
in

First bid - $42 - I hate when that happens - Ha Ha...

Two nights @ $42 = $84 + taxes fees of $18.85 = Total $102.85

This is the first time we've won this hotel and were concerned based on reviews, however

I must say we were treated very well by desk staff and are happy with the room we received.

Room is clean and meets our needs. They didn't have a king available, but upgraded us to

a room with two Sleep Number Beds. The room includes a small refrigerator.

For $42 it seems like a pretty good deal. The best web rate for the same room for a two-day

stay is $83/day. One day stays seem to be $129-$139 per day.

As we were leaving, we were presented with a bill for a "resort fee" of almost $8/day

including taxes. It's absurd and I would have fought it, but we were on our way to NASA

for the space shuttle launch, and I wasn't about to let this spoil our day.

As long as this hotel is on Priceline as a 3*, I'll avoid this zone. I'll just bid "resort" in this

zone and if unable to get one, I'll bid other zones. There are so many hotels in Orlando that

there is no reason to put up with this hotel.

It was kind of funny, as we were leaving we noticed they seem to be replacing many of the

room doors (maybe all?). With so many other things that are really in need of repair, I think

I would have taken care of some of the others first - eg. the outside entry doors whose locks

are totally non-functional left me wondering about building security?

Maybe it's all in the plan...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]