Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge) Hilton Olympia

debd2
By debd2,
in

I initial tried in the Westminster and mayfair / soho areas to get a 4 star or above. I made about 10 bids from $100 all the way up to $160 by closing the browser rebooting and also when I was finally - 'caught' and told to wait 24 hours, I used a second CC I have. However, no luck there.

I dropped down to $70 and included Kensington - I was hoping for the Holiday Inn Kennsington as others had favorable comments, and I believe it was listing on Hotwire (only a guess by using the notes on this board).

No luck then I tried at $82, still no luck but finally at $87 I got the Olympian.

Right after this I saw on Hotwire the oympian (again a guess from using this site) showed up for $99. With taxes and all it is a breakeven but once that Olympian is in there (and it lists as a 4* for priceline) it is hard to get anything else in that area.

The tripadvisor reviews sound ok, I'll post on return.

One Tip is to bookmark the pricewire link from this website so you don't have to keep coming back to betterbidding when closing / opening browsers.... (took me a couple times to figure that out).

Thanks for all the help from everyone in their posts.

Sorry - after the couple hours on the computer playing back and forth getting the hotel I got a little sloppy on some of my details here.

To clarify - yes it is the "Hilton London Olympia" that I won on priceline.

And yes, I did use the reviews here and got a lot of helpful info. In fact I thought the hotel reviews here were very helpful with details like bus access etc... I also use trip advisor but the resources on this site are very helpful and useful.

And my note about the PRICELINE link - What I meant to say was make savingsbarn.com a favorite link so you can go back through them each time when you bid. Since you're closing the browser after making an unsuccessful bid.

Thanks again for all the help and input from everyone on this site - it's great!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]