Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM-CPS) Wellington Hotel

rmunson1
By rmunson1,
in

Trip is 2/8 - 2/12, 4 nights

I have been trying for 2-3 weeks, almost every day, for MTW 4*, trying my own strategy (via SavingsBarn), hoping to get the deal that macomb586810 got - that is, the ideal 'win' is the Hilton (4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York). From what I can tell, my free rebids are UES and UWS. At this point, I have no real viable backup plan (promotion at the Mahattan Club for $1000 w/tax for the 4 nights).

I have been trying $105, $115 and $125 with no success. Today, when I saw the deal that macomb586810 got, I tried $125, $130 and $135 with no success. I decided to revert to an advice request, getting help from the experts, since time is running out.

In short, I want the Hilton most (friends we are traveling with are staying there on a timeshare promotion that wasn't available to us), I would like 4*, I want to be near the Hilton, and trying to pay as little as possible but willing to pay what it takes. I can go straight to the Hilton website for $269 a night, but hoping for much less than that.

It sounds as if you're willing to "pay up" to be in this zone? Would it be worthwhile to spend an extra $50/nite to be in this zone vs. a 4* hotel in one of the other nearby zones? worth $75/nite more? $100/nite more?

My advise would be to open yourself up to other zones. NYC is compact enough and mass transit fairly inexpensive and easily accessible that meeting up with your friends each day should be easy enough... but you know your situation better than i do.

Is lowering your star rating or SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option... or would you just resolve to pay $$$ to stay at the Hilton New York? (please note that we're an affiliate of the Hilton New York and please use this previous link if you choose to book direct)

Let us know your thoughts/preference as per the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good comments/questions, but hard to answer. Normally getting around NY is very easy (we have done it a lot), but my wife is in a wheelchair and unlikely to be much better by then (but hobbling with a cane vs. hauling a wheelchair to NY).

So, having said that, yes, I am willing to go to other zones (Times Square and upper midtown/central park). Additionally, I am willing to try 3*. So, given all of that, it complicates things. Top prize is Hilton at a reasonable price. But, a bargain that iisn't too far away would be great too (3 or 4* in MTW, Times Square or UM Central Park).

I should have added that splitting is not an option - for 4 nights, I don't want to try to stay two different places.

Does that help?

How about the Wellington (55th and Seventh) for $169/nite thru GTA Hotels?

While not a 4* hotel (or a 3* for that matter) but gets very good reviews is The Pod for just $115/nite (private bath). While this hotel is on the East Side, it's located at 51st St... close to one subway line which goes to Rock Center as well as the M50 bus which can easily bring your crosstown right near the Hilton.

Do either of these work for your needs or you could bid on Priceline, but narrow your focus and lower your maximum bid if either of the above are sufficient.

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

so 3* up to some amount (in any of the 3 zones, MTW, Central Park and Times Square), and then, if we have to pay more, try to get a 4* for 'that amount' and if we still can't get it, drop back to a 3* at some number under $169.

Do you have dollar figures in mind for the "bolded amounts"?

I would try as follows:

At the 3* and 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

MTW, Central Park and Times Square

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Times Square...

Bid $130, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTW and Times Square...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and Times Square and re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(NOTE: begin 4 star bidding)

Select 4* Times Square and UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and UM/CPS and MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(NOTE: back to 3 star bidding)

Select 3* Times Square and UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Times Square and UM/CPS and MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]