Hotwire Hotel: Help on 7/10-7/13

dijid
By dijid,
in

I need a room for 2 adults 7/10 and 4 adults 7/11-7/13

Hotwire shows 5* (Venetian) for $163 for all 3 nights or $250 for 7/10 (Sat) and $126 other 2 nights

No other place beats that price. Quikbook gives $334/$245/$245 for the 3 nights. Venetian.com is $199/night + $70/night for extra 2 adults.

Is the hotwire price for double occupancy only? Will I be charged an extra $70/night when I show up? I'm also considering bidding Priceline, but from what I read I need to wait til a week before. Would I have the same problem with the double occupancy?

Sorry so many questions. I want to do this right.

No problem with all the questions... we too would rather see you do it right :)

Hotwire (and Priceline) only guarantee double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. The Venetian has been known to charge an extra $35/pp staying in the room for each person over two (this is regardless of how you book).

Not sure how many rooms you are planning on getting for the above (not sure if it's 4 adults or 6 adults total... i'm thinking 4?) You could try to just check-in with only two people going up to the counter and 'swapping' keys, as chances are you won't be splitting up into more than 2 groups throughout the weekend.

You could certainly try to beat the price on Priceline... usually if Hotwire has inventory Priceline does too. The part about 7-10 days before arrival is only for the absolute lowest rate possible... but we haven't seen extreme rock bottom rates in quite some time. There is always a chance that rates come down after you book... but also a chance that demand in Vegas for your date(s) increases and Priceline/Hotwire inventory no longer has access to any inventory.

If you move forward let us know how it goes, or if you want to try Priceline let us know and i'll suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry it was confusing. I really just need 1 room for 3 nights. The first night it will only be two people, but the others it will be 4. A friend just returned from the Venetian and he said security is tight and it might be difficult getting two other people into the room for 2 nights as you need room keys for the elevator. I think I might just have to look elsewhere as I need the quad occupancy.

What you do is up to you, but i don't see the elevator being an issue. You basically need keys to show the guard in order to enter the elevator. It's not one key per person, but one person in the group needs to show a key. You are certainly allowed to have 'guests' come up to your room to hang out (if they're sleeping there you are supposed to register them), but if you're staying at the Venetian and you have friends that live in town or are staying at another hotel, they're certainly allowed to go in the elevator with you and go up to your room.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]