Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Copley Square) Copley Square Hotel

roboron
By roboron,
in

In another thread you suggested the following strategy for a 4* stay in Boston with a preference of Downtown, Copley and Waterfront:

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Waterfront and Copley...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Copley and Waterfront...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

Coincidentally I'm planning on booking around the same time from 10/10 - 10/13. I've already struck out going up to $155 before I saw your messages. I want to use the same strategy as you outlined but am a little confused because you specify 3 rebid zones. For a 4* hotel in the following areas:

Boston Waterfront - Convention Center

Brighton - Brookline

Cambridge

Copley

Downtown Boston - Charlestown

Medford - Somerville

Revere - Logan Airport

South Boston

I can only identify Medford - Somerville and South Boston as rebid zones. Not even quite sure of South Boston. The hotel list on your site doesn't quite match the list on Priceline (not that I'm complaining - this is a great thing that you do!). The closest thing I can see is that Brighton - Brookline, Medford - Somerville and South Boston are my rebid zones. Is that correct?

As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List you should NOT use the hotel lists as a means to determine your re-bid zones. The proper way to determine your re-bid zones is here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read the above and see if you can figure out your three re-bid zones, and feel free to confirm them with the board before bidding. If you're confused while reading the above link just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear it was at a property you were hoping to avoid.

If there's a silver lining this hotel is selling for $289/nite for your dates, so while a hotel you were hoping to avoid, it's still a pretty good deal at $100 off per nite.

If there are hotels you're trying to avoid in an area, HOTWIRE may be a better option in the future as you could then take an educated guess as to the property before your purchase. It may cost a little more than priceline, but still less than conventionally booked rates, and at least you can target (or in this case, avoid) a specific property.

Hope your stay goes better than you expect.

Thanks again for posting to the board... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]