Hotwire Hotel: Customer Favorite 4* Streeterville

sf7307
By sf7307,
in

I used to limit myself to 4-1/2* on Hotwire in a major metropolitan area (fewer stars ok at the airport for an overnight stay). I haven't seen any 4-1/2* on Hotwire lately -- do they not use that designation anymore? In the past, the Westin Times Square and I think the Hilton Times Square were both 4-1/2*.

The 4.5* designation is stil in use on HOTWIRE, but they took some criticism in their early days for overrating properties (they still take some criticism for this, but not nearly as much as they used to) and many hotels at the 4.5* rating have been downgraded to lower star levels.

The above is a match for the InterContinental so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, the prices have come down on Hotwire substantially since this morning. Please help:

4* Museum Campus with the following amenities:

Fitness

Pool

Business

Internet

Restaurant

$136 for one night Saturday Sept. 7

-OR-

4* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower with the following amenities:

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Internet

$176 for one night Saturday Sept. 7

(should I be posting these in separate threads?)

thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 4* Museum Campus is a match for both the Hyatt and the Hilton, but i believe the Hyatt is the one you're seeing on this search. The Mag Mile hotel is a match for both the Rafaello and the Sutton Place, but the offering is not showing on my own HOTWIRE search so i can't comment if i have any insight as to which i smore likely. These would be our best guesses for each.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt is pretty much in the middle of nowhere (well, aside from McCormick Place next door.) The Raffaelo is a renovation of a former, older 2* property called the Rafael. The 4* WT/GC/NMA could also be Sutton Place, but that's very doubtful. I'm not seeing this listing either, though.

I'm also seeing what appears to be the Hard Rock (4* Mag Mile/Streeterville, fitness, business, restaurant, internet)

What kind of property are you looking for? You may be better off going regular rate to ensure you'll get the kind of hotel you're interested in. The Amalfi's $209 on Expedia, and you get free breakfast and there's an evening reception...

Good morning. There are two new HOTWIRE listing this morning that seem promising. Both for 2 nights (tonight and tomorrow night)

4* Streeterville customer favorite with the following amenities

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Tennis

Spa

Given the tennis, is this likely the Swissotel?

4* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast with the following amenities:

Suite

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Internet

Both are listed as being rated 4.0 on TripAdvisor.

Thanks much.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]