Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help - Chicago 4*

BlueCrazy
By BlueCrazy,
in

Started through savingsbarn.com link

Bid 4* NMA - $80 (low, but it's worked for me before)

Added Loop - $85

Added Midway - $90

$100 is probably my max (is this even possible? has been a long time since I've done this for Chicago) but I'd consider dropping to 3*, especially if I could get one in NMA area. Not interested in splitting my bid.

I doublt that $100 will be enough for the date(s) above.

I assume that your previous success at sub-$100 in this area was during winter (colder) months and/or a few years ago? (the hotel market is currently much stronger than it had been in the past)

You can try to bid up to $100 on your next round if bidding... if that fails, do you then want to try for a 3* in both zones or just the NMA zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to try for a 3* in NMA first, if that fails then try the loop. Maybe up to $100 for 3* NMA then add the loop area and drop back to $80?

It has been a few years, but I was there about once a month - so all times of the year. $80 even worked in early July while "The Taste" was going on.

Is there something specific going on that weekend? I've just seen dates around that time that others are getting in for $80-90

I wouldn't lower your bid for the Loop zone at the 4* level... especially now that it is confirmed that there is an 'event' (the half marathon) in town for your dates and demans is likely to be high. You didn't lower your 4* bids in the Loop zone above (increasing from $80 to $85 when you added the Loop zone)

I would bid as follows, using your one re-bid zone:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

I'd start with the above, if rejected post back and we'll look at rates for the 3* level.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So are you ready to now try for a 3*? What is your maximum bid at each zone?

Before determing your maximum bid, i think you should try to find your best deal apart from the opaque suppliers, as i'm currently thinking your going to have to raise you maximum bid somewhat to be successful in the Downtown area. You can use our BetterChecker to help research rates.. i think you'll find your well under half of the best traditional booking you can find.

I guess I'll try for a 3* now. I actually ended up going up to $120 for a 4* (tried the loop and NMA) with no success. Looking through the winning bids listed on the board here, that's about as much as anyone has paid. The marathon really fills up the place, eh?

So what's a good start for 3*? I'd still prefer NMA, but I'd take just about anything at this point. I guess up to $120.

Unfortunately you have no re-bid zones when bidding 3* in Chicago.

I'd try...

Bid 3* NMA...

Bid 3* Loop...

Bid $90, if rejected add NMA...

Bid $100.

If the above fails, try again in 24 hours and increase each bid by $10.

Closest deal i can find to your parameters is the Affinia Chicago for $153/nite (average) NON-refundable... or $169/nite (average) refundable.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes and keep us updated.

It's possible that more rooms will be released as you get closer to your date (if hotels receive more cancellations then they anticipate)... but it's also possible that rooms currently available continue to get filled and hotels sell-out or prices move even higher. Given that most marathon attendees have been training for months, i doubt many of them will be cancelling at the last minute.

I'd look at the Affinia suggestions above thru Quickbook as based upon current rates i think that's a pretty good deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]