Priceline Hotel: 4* Strip for Aug 11th- help

calbears03
By calbears03,
in

Hi Ya'll

Great site. i have been a long time lucker here and finally signed up.

I am looking to get a good deal on a 4* hotel on the strip for aug 11th (one night).

I understand how free bids work, and would prefer to win something on the north strip (TI, miragage correct?)

i already booked monte carlo as my backup but the rate is 189.

I am not opposed to winning something on the south strip, and really dont mind westin if the price is right.

My max bid would probably be 189 but if i am going that high its going to be for the north strip (TI or mirage)

i bid up to 150 two days ago without any success. any advice.

how should i bid for north strip only

and how should i bid for north and south strip (obviously i want to start lower since im probably going to recieve the westin)

thanks in advance

just finished trying to get Strip North.

went up to 155 which came out to 179ish with all the fees and no success.

am i even close ? or should i give up on TI and mirage

i need suggestion on where to start tomorrow if im targeting the strip south 4* hotels.

how do i bid if i can include strip north as a free rebid zone?

thanks guys.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

One of the issues you're likely having is that many hotels in Vegas don't accept a Saturday check-in... so there is a large pool of properties that aren't even available to accept your bid.

If you haven't yet included the Strip South zone you can continue bidding... if you let us know your maximum bid we'll outline a strategy to follow.

I'll aslo remind you that as per our support page we're an affiliate of the Monte Carlo... as well as the Treasure Island and Mirage)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks!

again, i dont think i have a shot at the strip north 4* hotels. My maximum bid is 170 for those.

with the strip south 4* hotels, i dont mind westin but my max bid is way lower. I think my max bid is 130 there. Are these figure in the ballpark?

what does being an affiliate mean?

thanks in advance =)

what does being an affiliate mean?
It means we are affiliated with them and you should use the links in our support page to begin your purchases/reservations.

You have two re-bid zones available at the 4* level (NOTE: Summerlin isn't one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

The following can be done without waiting 24 hours from your previous failed bids above.

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $90, if rejected add North...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add North...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add North...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add North...

Bid $130.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]